DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE, INTERSECT ILLINOIS
About Intersect Illinois
Intersect Illinois is a nonproﬁt economic development organization that facilitates the attraction of new businesses and markets the state to domestic and global business leaders. Intersect Illinois’ mission is to bring jobs and investment to the state of Illinois through dynamic collaborations with industry, academic, and government partners and to support a unified approach to economic development. A public-private partnership, Intersect’s board of directors includes business and civic leaders representing the state’s diverse industries, geographies and communities.
Intersect works directly with companies interested in exploring Illinois for their next relocation or expansion project. With its network of partners, including the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, Intersect Illinois is committed to providing companies and site selection professionals with the information and resources to make investment decisions. Bringing a fresh approach to economic development, Intersect Illinois is comprised of a diverse team with deep domain experience, adapting best-in-class processes and procedures to build long-term relationships. Intersect Illinois operates with the highest integrity and key values, which include being consistent, responsive, professional, and connected while always acting with a sense of urgency to deliver continuity, trust, integrity and accountability to the process of business attraction and expansion.
Corporate Relations Team
The corporate relations team at Intersect Illinois is responsible for developing, strengthening and leveraging private sector networks to execute on the organization's mission of job creation and economic growth in Illinois. The team is responsible for managing partnerships and relationships with Intersect Illinois’ corporate stakeholders, leading engagement of the organization’s board of directors, setting and executing the private fundraising strategy for the organization and expanding the organization’s statewide network of corporate partners and supporters.
The Development Associate is a newly created role in the growing organization. The associate is responsible for supporting the communication of the organization’s value proposition to prospective and current corporate partners, recruiting and engaging the board of directors, and establishing and growing strategic partnership with utilities, trade associations and other entities that can help support the organization’s mission of growth in Illinois. The position reports to the Director of Corporate Relations.
• Support the implementation of a fundraising strategy for the organization and major events
• Manage contacts and communications with network of partners and funders in order to secure private sector financial support for the organization
• Draft and deliver regular communication with board members and other key corporate stakeholders to provide market intelligence and insight into the strategic direction of the organization
• Work with the Manager of Special Events to execute events, as needed, to maintain the organization’s reputation as an industry thought leader
• Maintain donor database and fundraising tracking system
• Functional knowledge: experience in fundraising, corporate partnerships, and or sales; an understanding of economic development landscape and business attraction and retention
• Proficient in: written and oral communications, utilizing a CRM or other system of fundraising tracking and management, event coordination and support
• Experience: 2 years of development, fundraising or sales experience, and/or executive support
• Attributes: detail-oriented, excellent interpersonal written and oral communication skills, effective time management skills with strong ability to multitask, team player with strong management skills, ability to work on multiple projects at one time in a fast-paced environment
• Skills/knowledge: Understanding of (and interest in) of the Illinois economy and business community
• Degree: Bachelor’s in business, marketing, nonprofit management, or related field required
Please send resume and cover letter to: https://app.trinethire.com/companies/811-intersect-illinois/jobs/23823-development-associate