Job Title: Compliance Analyst
Reports To: Chief Compliance Officer
At Coinme we believe that by providing easy access to digital currencies we can help level the playing field so that everyone has a fair chance for financial prosperity. We are looking for a full-time (exempt) candidate to play a major role in supporting the Coinme Compliance Program. Reporting directly to the Chief Compliance Officer, you will be instrumental in preventing the exploitation of Coinme’s services for illicit purposes and ensuring compliance with complex financial industry legal requirements in areas such as Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), counter terrorist financing (CTF), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), and suspicious activity reporting (SAR).
You will draw on your compliance experience to help ensure adherence with Coinme policies. You will be responsible for meeting with business, technology, and compliance professionals, and for utilizing your exceptional communication and organizational skills to support and execute Coinme’s objectives in financial crime detection and prevention.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES- Responsibilities will evolve as we scale the team and operation
- Reviewing and investigating alerts and cases flagged for suspicious activity, and filing SARs where necessary
- Reviewing and analyzing customer sign-ups flagged for know-your-customer (KYC) deficiencies and sanctions alerts
- Helping to drive improvements to the anti-money laundering and KYC programs
- Evaluating new and modified products and services, and engaging appropriate subject matter experts, to identify risks and appropriate controls
- Reviewing and updating policies, procedures, and other governance documentation
- Providing guidance to partners in compliance, business, product, and operational support areas
- Filing state money transmitter licensing applications, responding to regulatory inquiries and examinations and filing periodic regulatory reports
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information accurately, clearly, and quickly
- Effectively collaborate within a fast-paced environment, including a capacity for building consensus in the face of divergent interests or viewpoints
- Attention to detail, strong work ethic, good humor, and enthusiasm for tackling complex challenges
- Ability to learn quickly, drive multiple projects simultaneously with sound judgment, flexibility, and nimbleness in changing courses and solving problems swiftly
- Operate with strong integrity with the ability to handle projects of a sensitive and confidential nature
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES - These are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skills, and ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
- Demonstrated ability to review suspicious activity cases and file SARs
- Excellent skills in web-based investigative techniques, including enhanced due diligence
- Experience in reviewing OFAC alerts and conducting investigations
- Three to five years of experience in AML/BSA compliance
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with virtual currencies
- Knowledge of state money transmitter regulations
- Bachelor’s degree
- CAMS Certification
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive base pay with stock options and eligibility for an annual bonus
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision coverage
- ORCA Transportation Card
- Fitness Center with shower & locker
- Paid Time Off
This opportunity is for our headquarters in the heart of downtown Seattle, WA. Working remotely part of the time is an option.
TRAVEL - This position doesn’t require travel at this time.
Coinme is a venture-backed blockchain technology company on a mission to provide the world with user-friendly access to digital currencies. In early 2014, Coinme launched the first licensed Bitcoin ATM in the United States and now, through a partnership with Coinstar, supports thousands of Bitcoin kiosks across the U.S. The company’s vertically-integrated network of crypto ATMs, digital wallet, and private-client services provide customers with a trusted and easy-to-use platform for bringing the power of digital currencies into their everyday lives. Coinme also offers a rewards program through its proprietary utility token, UpToken, which can be purchased on Bittrex and Upbit under the ticker "UP”.
As an industry leader, Coinme is always looking for big thinkers who like to learn fast and move fast in order to build the infrastructure and human experience for the next era of financial services.
Coinme is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.