Inscripta is developing a high-throughput, automated genome engineering platform to enable read-write biology at unprecedented scale and precision. The Department of Computational Sciences and Engineering works with diverse multi-disciplinary teams to address genomic, proteomic, experimental design, and other relevant questions using mathematical modeling, simulation, data science, machine learning, and other computationally challenging techniques. We are looking for exceptional candidates to create and deploy machine learning models in support of R&D and customer-oriented efforts.
The Computational Scientist, Machine Learning is a full-time position, to which you would devote all your
professional effort. You would be
responsible for R&D and customer-oriented machine learning efforts and may
also participate in other corporate matters.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Development and deployment of machine learning models within analysis workflows and customer-oriented software in multiple languages including Python, R, and Java.
- Design and management of experiments required to support modeling efforts.
- Providing guidance on system architectures needed to support and grow machine learning efforts at Inscripta.
- Mentoring developers and scientists throughout Inscripta on the use of machine learning models to address scientific questions.
- Such other matters as may be determined by yourself and the Company.
seek an individual with a successful track record who must be comfortable with
a start-up environment. The ideal
candidate will have:
- PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Statistics, or related fields.
- 5+ years post-PhD developing and deploying machine learning models using Python, R, Java or similar languages. Industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience modeling for life sciences is preferred.
- Strong math and logic skills.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed.
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
If this job sounds like a solid fit, you want to work in high growth company with proven success, and be part of an entrepreneurial organization, e-mail your resume toand tell us why Inscripta should hire you. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with an additional location in Pleasanton, CA.. The role can work out of either location.