Inscripta. is developing a high-throughput, automated genome engineering platform to enable read-write biology at unprecedented scale and precision. As part of this vision, we are recruiting talented and motivated individuals to help build new tools to support the next generation of gene editing. The Department of Computational Sciences and Engineering works with diverse multi-disciplinary teams to address genomic, proteomic, experimental design, and other relevant questions using mathematical modeling, simulation, data science, machine learning, and other computationally challenging techniques. We are seeking candidates with experience in software engineering to assist in the development and deployment of customer software for Inscripta’s gene editing platform. The company is headquartered in Boulder, CO and has an immediate opening for aSenior/Staff Software Engineer located in our Boulder or Pleasanton, CA office.
The Senior/Staff Software Engineer is a full-time position, to which you would devote all your professional effort. You would be responsible for R&D and customer-oriented software and may also participate in other corporate matters.
- Creating and maintaining customer-oriented software primarily written in Java, C++ or similar enterprise capable languages.
- Working with R&D personnel to translate early stage concepts into robust customer-oriented software.
- Developing new software/systems to support delivery of data to customers, R&D personnel and enterprise resource management systems.
- Mentoring junior software engineers and database developers on coding techniques and good software development practices
- Supporting end-users in a 24/7 production environment as needed
- Such other matters as may be determined by yourself and the Company.
- We seek an individual with a successful track record who must be comfortable with a start-up environment. The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years developing software with skills in OOP using Java, C++ or similar language in a client/server architecture.
- Prior experience working in a life sciences or biotechnology company is preferred.
- Full-stack experience with front-end development using AngularJS or similar frameworks, database experience (SQL or NoSQL) using complex queries, REST API development and familiarity with scripting languages such as Python is preferred.
- Strong math and logic skills.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed.
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Able to manage daily test processing needs with high emphasis on quality.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Life Sciences is preferred
If this job sounds like a solid fit, you want to work in high growth company with proven success, and be part of an entrepreneurial organization, send your resume right away. E-mail you resume to and tell us why Inscripta should hire you. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with a satellite location in Pleasanton, CA.