Inscripta is a gene editing technology company dedicated to creating the tools needed to revolutionize how we feed, fuel, and heal humanity. This includes developing a family of CRISPR enzymes (called MADzymes), bespoke nucleases for researchers and commercial partners, and a full suite of gene editing tools (software, instruments, and reagents) that will significantly increase the speed and efficiency of precision gene editing. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Senior/Staff Computational Scientist, Bioinformatics located in either our Boulder Colorado or Pleasanton California office.
The Department of Computational Sciences and Engineering works with diverse multi-disciplinary teams throughout Inscripta to address a number of genomic, proteomic, experimental design, and other relevant questions using mathematical modeling, simulation, data science, machine learning, and other computationally challenging techniques. We are looking for exceptional candidates to build out our automated analytical pipelines, develop novel algorithms and models for genomics and proteomics, and create scalable platforms for large scale computation.
- Develop novel approaches for data analysis within Inscripta.
- Perform custom analyses of a wide range of data from instruments used in laboratory settings.
- Create and maintain automated analytical pipelines for next-gen sequencing data.
- Contribute to the design and verification of primers and oligonucleotide sequences.
- Contribute to the design of experiments and improvement of Inscripta products.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical or scientific area, such as computer science, engineering, biology, biochemistry, physics, or related fields. An advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience (or equivalent with advanced degree).
- Software development skills, including a working knowledge of version control systems, continuous integration processes, and Agile development techniques.
- Knowledge of Python, C++, Java, or other advanced languages. Python and C++ are strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of SQL, NoSQL, big data, and other data oriented technologies.
- Familiarity with a broad range of bioinformatics software and algorithms, and experience using them on large data sets.
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques is preferred.
- Strong problem solving, statistical, and mathematical skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
If this job sounds like a solid fit, you want to work in high growth company with proven success, and be part of an entrepreneurial organization, send your resume right away. E-mail your resume to email@example.com and tell us why Inscripta should hire you. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with a satellite location in Pleasanton, CA. The role can work out of either location, but Pleasanton workers will travel regularly to Boulder, CO.