Inscripta is a gene editing technology company dedicated to creating the tools needed to revolutionize how we feed, fuel, and heal humanity. This includes developing a family of CRISPR enzymes (called MADzymes), bespoke nucleases for researchers and commercial partners, and a full suite of gene editing tools (software, instruments, and reagents) that will significantly increase the speed and efficiency of precision gene editing. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Sr. Scientist, Applications located in our Pleasanton, CA Office.
Incumbent will be responsible for using novel synthetic biology tools and high-throughput methodologies for rapid genomic engineering of yeast and microbes. They will also be responsible for proposing new application ideas, working with external development partners, executing experimental plans with excellence, and delivering results on time.
- Design microbial hosts libraries for high-value industrial and pharmaceutical biotechnology applications
- Develop high-throughput assays for evaluating complex phenotypes and activities
- Analyze large data sets using bioinformatics and computational approaches
- Work hand in hand with software and automation engineers to develop a fully automated suite of tools for genome engineering
- Ph.D. in biotechnology, engineering, molecular biology or equivalent
- Excellent track-record of publications and/or other scientific achievements
- Expertise in synthetic biology, metabolic engineering, and advanced genome editing tools and methodologies
- Strong background in cloning, cell biology, and high-throughput assay design
- Special consideration will be given to applicants with experience in computational biology and data science
- Demonstrated independent thought and judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively
- Strong statistical analysis skills
- Energetic and motivated self-starter
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced startup environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication, and presentation skills
If this job sounds like a solid fit, you want to work in high growth company with proven success, and be part of an entrepreneurial organization, send your resume right away. E-mail you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why Inscripta should hire you. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with a satellite location in Pleasanton, CA. The role can work out of either location, but Pleasanton workers will travel regularly to Boulder, CO.