Inscripta is a gene editing technology company dedicated to creating the tools needed to revolutionize how we feed, fuel, and heal humanity. This includes developing a family of CRISPR enzymes (called MADzymes), bespoke nucleases for researchers and commercial partners, and a full suite of gene editing tools (software, instruments, and reagents) that will significantly increase the speed and efficiency of precision gene editing. Due to rapid growth, Inscripta is seeking a Scientist to develop the next generation of DNA editing tools. This position is located at our Pleasanton, California office.
We are looking for an exceptional Scientist to drive assay development for CRISPR-based DNA editing projects. Essential aspects of this position include: demonstrated project leadership, constant generation of innovative solutions, superior design and execution of informative experiments and robust protocols, and superior data analysis. The right candidate will enthusiastically leverage their experience, curiosity, and creativity to build industry-leading molecular biology and genetic-engineering assays in a highly innovative, team-oriented, fast-paced R&D environment.
- Execute complex, highly multiplexed experiments that efficiently test the utility of novel methods and technologies
- Develop robust assays with simple, elegant workflows that are compatible with automation
- Conduct detailed data analysis and provide recommendations based on technical results
- Maintain detailed experimental records
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, molecular biology, or a related discipline
- Minimum 4 years relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated record of innovation in biochemistry or molecular biology
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional data analysis skills
- Direct experience with: PCR, qPCR, NGS, oligo design, nucleic acid purification, and microbe manipulation
- Familiarity with: NGS, sequencing library preparation, and other genomic platforms
- Strong desire to work in a team environment and collaborate closely with other cross-functional and geographically distributed teams
- Ability to learn quickly and willingness to work determinedly in a fast-paced startup environment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with at least one programming or scripting language such as R or Python
- Experience with genome engineering techniques and methods, Gibson optimization, molecular cloning, transformation, transfection, and cell culture
If this job sounds like a solid fit, you want to work in high growth company with proven success, and be part of an entrepreneurial organization, e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why Inscripta should hire you. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO and this position is located in a rapidly expanding second location in Pleasanton, CA.