- Manage operations of multiple NGS workflows, from sample preparation, quantitation, library construction, data generation, data processing to analytical interpretation of results, ensuring high quality and reliability of generated results.
- Drive the implementation of new NGS assays, based on Illumina, 10X Genomics, and other sequencing technologies. Support new and ongoing development, validation and troubleshooting of NGS assays, including targeted DNA-seq, RNA-seq, single-cell and WGS.
- Support implementation of data processing and analysis workflows, bioinformatics pipelines, and data management systems in collaboration with internal multidisciplinary teams.
- Effectively direct, organize and manage workload of others, as needed to achieve timely execution of sequencing projects, working with cross-functional teams to schedule and execute weekly plans.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for NGS technology, particularly Illumina technology, providing guidance on experimental design, methods, and data management to address specific needs.
- Educate laboratory staff on NGS workflows, conduct hands-on training, and prepare and deliver internal technical presentations as needed.
- Write experimental plans, work instructions, and SOPs.
- Forecast and manage inventory of NGS reagents and supplies.
- Maintain and manage service requirements for Illumina instrumentation.
- Maintain safe working practices and organization of sequencing laboratory space.
Required Educational Background and Work Experience:
- PhD, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry or closely related field
- Must have at least 6 or more years of demonstrated hands-on (wet lab) experience with NGS assay development, validation, troubleshooting, and reviewing of run QC data
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Illumina NGS platforms and technologies, including MiSeq, NextSeq and NovaSeq; experience with additional platforms for single cell sequencing, such as 10X Genomics, is a plus.
- Must be familiar with different NGS software platforms, bioinformatics pipelines and NGS data processing and interpretation solutions.
- Must have strong organizational skills, display excellent leadership and people skills, and demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with others in a highly matrixed environment.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and learn quickly.
- Must be goal oriented and focused on completing work on time.
- Must have ability to adapt to changing priorities and technical challenges in a fast-paced environment within an interdisciplinary team setting.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in bioinformatics, programming, and command line, and familiarity with statistical software packages
- Technical expertise with other molecular technologies, including but not limited to: PCR, quantitative real-time PCR, droplet digital PCR, or similar.
- Technical expertise with laboratory automation and data management platforms, such as liquid handlers and experience working within a LIMS system
If this job sounds like a solid fit, you want to work in high growth company with proven success, and be part of an entrepreneurial organization, e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why Inscripta should hire you. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with additional locations in Pleasanton and San Diego CA. Please visit www.inscripta.com to learn more about us!