Inscripta is a gene editing technology company dedicated to creating the tools needed to revolutionize how we feed, fuel, and heal humanity. This includes developing a family of CRISPR enzymes (called MADzymes), bespoke nucleases for researchers and commercial partners, and a full suite of gene editing tools (software, instruments, and reagents) that will significantly increase the speed and efficiency of precision gene editing. Due to rapid growth, Inscripta is seeking a Molecular Biology or System Integration Scientist to develop the next generation of DNA editing tools. This position can be located in either our Pleasanton, California or Boulder, Colorado office.
We are looking for an outstanding Scientist/Sr. Scientist to drive CRISPR-based DNA editing projects. This individual will innovate in areas of assay development, process optimization, and product automation. Essential aspects of this position include: project leadership, troubleshooting, innovative solutions, design and execution of informative experiments, and superior data analysis. The right candidate will enthusiastically leverage their creativity, and research experience to build an industry-leading genetic-engineering platform in a highly innovative, team-oriented, fast-paced R&D environment.
• Provide scientific leadership in a technical team that builds high-throughput, automated, genetic-engineering platform
• Execute complex, highly multiplexed experiments
• Develop robust assays and system modules with simple, elegant workflows that are compatible with automation
• Perform molecular biology techniques: PCR, genetic-engineering, and robotic liquid handling
• Conduct detailed data analysis and provide recommendations based on technical results
• Maintain detailed experimental records
• Present clear and concise written and oral communications to colleagues and supervisors
• Demonstrated record of innovation in molecular or cellular biology
• At least 5 years of direct experience with molecular biology techniques such as: PCR, qPCR, nucleic acid purification, genome editing, and microbe manipulation
• Experience converting prototype devices into fully automated modules and instruments
• Familiarity with next generation sequencing, sequencing library preparation, and other genomic platforms
• Desire to work in a team environment and collaborate closely with other cross-functional and geographically distributed teams
• Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced startup environment
• Ph.D. in molecular biology, bioengineering, or a related discipline
If this job sounds like a solid fit, you want to work in high growth company with proven success, and be part of an entrepreneurial organization, send your resume right away. E-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why Inscripta should hire you. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO and this position is located in a rapidly expanding second location in Pleasanton, CA.