Associate Director, Bioinformatics
Inscripta is a gene editing technology company dedicated to creating the tools needed to revolutionize how we feed, fuel, and heal humanity. This includes developing a family of CRISPR enzymes (called MADzymes), bespoke nucleases for researchers and commercial partners, and a full suite of gene editing tools (software, instruments, and reagents) that will significantly increase the speed and efficiency of precision gene editing. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for an exception candidate to lead a team of creating bioinformatics solutions for internal and external use. The position can be located in either Boulder, CO or Pleasanton, CA, but Pleasanton workers will travel regularly to Boulder.
The Department of Computational Sciences and Engineering works with diverse multi-disciplinary teams throughout Inscripta to address a number of genomic, proteomic, experimental design, and other relevant questions using mathematical modeling, simulation, data science, machine learning, and other computationally challenging techniques.
- Lead and mentor a team of bioinformaticians.
- Recruit and hire to grow the team to support company initiatives.
- Develop and execute on road maps for analysis and product features.
- Develop and enforce good software development and reproducible analysis practices.
- Contribute to custom analyses, pipeline development, and software development.
- Perform other work-related duties as
- A Master’s degree in a technical or scientific area, such as computer science, engineering, biology, biochemistry, physics, or related fields. A Ph.D. is strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience, with demonstrated experience leading bioinformatics or similar groups.
- Experience with a broad range of bioinformatics software and algorithms, and demonstrated experience using them on large data sets.
- Software development skills, including a working knowledge of version control systems, continuous integration processes, and Agile development techniques.
- Knowledge of Python, C++, Java, or other advanced languages. Python and C++ are strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of SQL, NoSQL, big data, and other data oriented technologies.
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques is preferred.
- Strong problem solving, statistical, and mathematical skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with demonstrated ability in quality data presentations.
If this job sounds like a solid fit, you want to work in high growth company with proven success, and be part of an entrepreneurial organization, e-mail your resume to email@example.com and tell us why Inscripta should hire you. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with an additional location in Pleasanton, CA. The role can work out of either location, but Pleasanton workers will travel regularly to Boulder, CO.