Inscripta. is developing a high-throughput, automated genome engineering platform to enable read-write biology at unprecedented scale and precision. As part of this vision, we are recruiting talented and motivated individuals to help build new tools to support the next generation of gene editing. We are seeking a Senior/Staff Software Engineer with experience in software engineering to assist in the development and deployment of customer software for Inscripta’s gene editing platform. The company is headquartered in Boulder, CO.
The Senior/Staff Software Engineer is a full-time position, to which you would devote all your professional effort. You would be responsible for R&D and production software development as well as customer facing software and may also participate in other corporate matters. Principal responsibilities include:
- Creating and maintaining custom laboratory information management systems (LIMS) software primarily written in Java and C# to track process data and workflow queues
- Developing new software/systems to support delivery of data to customers, R&D personnel and enterprise resource management systems using a variety of web-based programming tools
- Working with R&D computational scientists to translate R&D scientific/engineering programming into robust production-oriented software
- Creating/maintaining/tuning database SQL required to support LIMS functionality and other database centric applications used at the Company
- Mentoring junior software engineers and database developers to teach them coding techniques and good software development practices
- Supporting end-users in a 24/7 production environment as needed
- Such other matters as may be determined by yourself and the Company.
We seek an individual with a successful track record who must be comfortable with a start-up environment. The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years developing software with skills in OOP using Java, C# and/or C in a client/server architecture.
- Experience with developing complex custom web GUI and visual components in AngularJS or similar web development platform
- Experienced database programmer with skills in writing complex SQL queries, optimizing stored procedures and data table performance. MSSQL experience preferred.
- Strong math and logic skills.
- Prior experience working in life sciences or biotechnology is preferred
- Understanding of laboratory processes and workflow systems is a plus.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed.
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Able to manage daily test processing needs with high emphasis on quality.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering is preferred.
If this job sounds like a solid fit, you want to work in high growth company with proven success, and be part of an entrepreneurial organization, e-mail your resume to email@example.com and tell us why Inscripta should hire you. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with an additional location in Pleasanton, CA.