Inscripta is a gene editing technology company dedicated to creating the tools needed to revolutionize how we feed, fuel, and heal humanity. This includes developing a family of CRISPR enzymes (called MADzymes), bespoke nucleases for researchers and commercial partners, and a full suite of gene editing tools (software, instruments, and reagents) that will significantly increase the speed and efficiency of precision gene editing. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Sr. Scientist/Staff Scientist in our Cell Biology-Mammalian Department located our Boulder Colorado office.
We are searching for a highly motivated and productive Sr./Staff Scientist to be a key member of our R&D team supporting advancement of genome engineering in Cell Biology-Mammalian. The successful candidate will creatively design and perform laboratory experiments related to new product development of research reagents for gene editing and genomic-analysis consumable devices that enable leading-edge research.
- Laboratory Work (Molecular Biology, Cell Biology and/or Biochemistry): Perform and train standard techniques (e.g., mammalian cell culture transfection/transduction, RT-PCR/qPCR, nucleic acid purification, high throughput cloning, in vitro transcription, Next-Generation Sequencing); implement and design new techniques when required, then subsequently train.
- Technical Execution and Strategy: Develop innovative research plans; design, implement and execute critical experiments associated with a research plan; document experimental design and results in a lab notebook; analyze and organize data to draw meaningful conclusions.
- Leadership: Motivate others, model professional behavior, and promote company values within and among departments. Follow company processes to resolve issues.
- Communication skills: Effectively communicate (both written and oral) internally with scientists and departments outside R&D.
- Teamwork: Work collaboratively within a team to complete projects. Provide tactical input for other projects.
- Ph.D. in biotechnology, engineering, molecular
biology or equivalent with at least 6 years of post-doctorate experience.
- Expertise in genomic repair pathways (e.g., NHEJ, HR/HDR).
- Experience in molecular and cellular biology techniques including sequencing, molecular cloning and cell culture.
- Proven track record of problem-solving ability, creative solutions and effective troubleshooting in a lab environment.
- Experience in product development/launch.
- Strong background in NGS and high-throughput assay design.
- Experience with the following Molecular Biology concepts, techniques and procedures
- Gene Editing/Genome Engineering (CRISPR-Cas knockout, CRISPR-Cas knock-in)
- Gene Modulation (CRISPRa, CRISPRi, RNAi, over-expression)
- Demonstrated record of innovation in molecular or cell biology.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and listening skills.
- Experience with research collaborations.
- Highly organized with aptitude to execute on multiple projects efficiently and maintain attention to detail.
- Self-starter, energizing and results oriented.
If this job sounds like a solid fit, you want to work in high growth company with proven success, and be part of an entrepreneurial organization, e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why Inscripta should hire you. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with an additional location in Pleasanton, CA.