JOB POSTINGSenior Data Analyst
(Full Time — Chicago)The CompanyAt Edovo, our mission is to help everyone connected to incarceration build better lives. We’ve created a secure digital platform to expand education behind bars, reduce recidivism and to support the vocational, rehabilitation and communication needs of the 2.2 million people in jails and prisons. Users have access to thousands of hours of self-guided learning materials. Upon release, our learners have the option to continue their progress on the outside. Edovo offers courses in subjects ranging from basic literacy and GED to career exploration and cognitive behavioral therapy. We’re also building tools to keep people in touch with jobs, social services, friends, and family. Our team is committed to supporting opportunities for justice-involved people.Don’t take it just from us. Awards, publications, grants, and partnerships all around the country are recognizing the momentum and impact of Edovo. A select few: Global EdTech Startup Champion in London out of 1,000+ competitors; GIIRS Platinum Rating for social impact; MacArthur Foundation Grant Award Winner; Forbes article feature; Chicago Community Trust grant award winner; Impact Engine portfolio member; SXSW Civic Tech Innovation Pitch Competition runner-up; Chicago Innovation "Up and Comer" Award winner; and so much more.
We’re a tight-knit bunch of software craftspeople with a passion for solving hard problems for the greater good. We’re involved in every step of the product development process with deep ownership from first ideas through to delivery. We’re seasoned Agile veterans who know the best teams pick from the many individual practices and tools instead of prescriptions. We’re unafraid of new technology and happily evaluate each on its merits to the organization and our team. That said, we prefer simple solutions and tried-and-true technology over immature bleeding edge tech.
We believe data is a key asset to any modern technology organization. We also recognize it is a challenge to source, prepare, and visualize information so that it is both easy to consume and correct. We have done much of the early leg work here and now need a seasoned analyst to help us leverage our data to its fullest extent.
We believe that diversity of background and experience is key and work hard to build teams that reflect this.
GENERAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• In close collaboration with the CTO define, plan, and execute data strategy for the entire organization.
• Work cross-functionally to define the data pipeline including: identifying and defining data elements to be collected.
• Data preparation including defining the data structure in the analytics store, data cleaning, and data validation
• Working closely with executive leaders to prepare analytics and visualizations necessary to support each department’s goals.
• Ensuring the business has a clear understanding of the value of the data provided through rigorous statistical analysis and clear communication.
PROJECTS YOU’LL WORK ON
• Building on the data pipeline we have today to provide key telemetry to drive the business. This data will be the foundation of our weekly business review meeting as well as our quarterly board meetings
• Working closely with the product group to understand the behaviors of users in our applications through development of KPIs, metrics, and dashboards. .
• Defining and setting the bar for data quality for our organization and ensuring each of us understand statistical value of the data we are using to drive our decisions. Qualifications
• 5-10 years experience in data analysis and visualization or a related field (statistician, physicist, biologist, etc)
• Experience with statistical analysis in SQL and at least one other tool (Python, R, MATLAB)
• Clear communication of results through easy to use dashboards and comprehensive reports.
BONUS POINTS FOR
• Experience or interest in Machine Learning and/or Predictive Analytics
• Programming experience. Specifically, scripting data ingestion, data preparation and cleaning, and complex visualizations.
• Background in or understanding of financial reporting is a plus (revenue, cost of goods sold, cash vs. non-cash activity, etc.)
• Location: Chicago, IL
• Salary: Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
• Department: Product and Development, reporting to the CTOInquiries
Edovo is an impact driven private company. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace and fully paid benefits for team members and their families. We hire tenacious, innovative and passionate people and give them opportunities to grow and succeed.
Teams with bold missions need diverse ideas to generate the most impact. For that reason, Edovo is committed to building diverse and inclusive work spaces. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. And yes, we believe in second chances.