Our headquarters is in Charleston SC but we have numerous locations and remote workers throughout the states. This position will be a remote work position so you can be anywhere.
Cantey Tech helps our clients with IT so they can focus on running their business, law firm, school, or medical practice. We also manage school networks and perform contracting work for large organizations. Big picture - We do all sorts of things from designing networks to providing ongoing maintenance; we are the company that our clients call for everything from basic computer support, to hosted solutions, to network management. Some clients want to push the envelope with new technologies and some want to keep costs to a minimum.
In this role, we typically work around 45 hours per week. With the right monitoring tools, standardization, automation, and processes in place, we work to eliminate the crazy the best we can. Our office support hours are 8 AM until 6 PM. I would be lying if I said those were cushy hours playing PlayStation or watching Netflix while listening to clients talk about email problems on the phone. That's not our day - we are busting it to help our clients and move on to the next problem. We are on call after hours for about one week every four months. We have awesome benefits for an organization our size as well: excellent compensation, paid time off, 401k match, phone/internet allowance, sabbatical, bereavement, the list goes on and on.
We are looking for great people who are excited about technology and enjoy dealing directly with clients. We're fanatics about client service, we run a responsive and professional operation, and we love what we do. (OK, we don't love it every day but most days we do.) We're not looking for people who can't handle IT issues independently or who hate working with other humans. We are looking to build our team with people who want to learn about the latest technology and want to contribute to our team. Every day is different over here and you must learn quickly and go with it. Now for the boring requirements . . .
• Outstanding client-facing communications and troubleshooting skills.
• Detail orientation, the discipline to do proper documentation and keep track of billable time. (This is important. Again, this is important.)
• Able to handle a high-pressure environment.
• Able to operate standard office equipment and own a car which will be used to get you to and from clients when necessary.
• Be prepared for client meetings and communicate in non-technical terms to non-technical decision-makers.
• Understanding real-world requirements for security and business continuity based on the client's needs.
• 6 or more years experience in Microsoft network and server technologies (2008, 2012, 2016)
• Strong skills related to TCP/IP, switching, routing, DNS, DHCP, WAN, and VPN technologies.
• Experience setting up and managing a Veeam enterprise backup software.
• Experience with managing Cisco Umbrella policies.
• Ability to configure and manage enterprise-wide security products including Antivirus, Antispyware, and Antispam tools such as Sophos.
• Experience with Windows Server Administration including Group Policy management.
• Experience with Microsoft 365 Administration including Endpoint Manager and Teams is a plus.
• Experience with K12 education applications is a plus.
• Automation and Windows scripting is a plus.
• Virtualization knowledge (VMware) is a plus.
• Experience with AWS or Azure is a plus.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time. Requires normal range of vision and hearing.
Certifications desired: Network +, Security +, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA.
Education: Minimum of associate's Degree or Equivalent Experience Required.
A couple of other things: You must provide your own smartphone. Must be fun to work with. Must understand humor. If you've applied before, I've got your resume and will give you a call if it's a potential fit. If, after reading all of this, you are still awake and interested, please fill out all of the details on the right-hand side.