The Company & the ELA Market
LeaseAccelerator is an Enterprise Lease Accounting (ELA) SaaS Solution provider to the Global 2000 companies. Our current customers include F-500 corporations, such as Salesforce.com, Cisco, NetApp, Eaton, and Cummins. Enterprise Lease Accounting (ELA) is a new enterprise software solution category that is now experiencing significant growth due to the new lease accounting standard announced in February 2016. For most Global 2000 companies, Enterprise Lease Accounting (ELA) is a dysfunctional enterprise business process. The new lease accounting standard is creating a significant market disruption for most of the G-2000. These global organizations lack the knowledge, process, and systems to address the new compliance requirements. LeaseAccelerator provides customers with a SaaS ELA solution to manage this enterprise process that generates significant cost saving, improves operational effectiveness, and reduces their compliance risk.
ELA for large global organizations is a complex enterprise business process that spans a wide range of corporate functions. These functions include:
• Sourcing: the process which starts with the initial field request for equipment and progresses through a competitive RFP process for financing, analyzing responses, awarding, papering and executing contracts
• Portfolio Management: the processes which include tracking relevant stakeholders, updating key data elements supporting internal management accountability, monitoring performance and coordinating end of term activities such as returns, buyouts and renewals for all leased asset types including equipment and real estate.
• Finance and Accounting: activities required for internal management reporting and analysis, external financial accounting and disclosure reporting, administering complex business hierarchies and cost allocation structures .
The primary objectives of this position are to analyze and assess market needs for business process within the Enterprise Lease Management and Accounting SAAS area. The LeaseAccelerator technical accounting product manager is a critical member of the Product Management team and is responsible for developing the product roadmap and overseeing software enhancement activities to deliver the application in accordance of the rigorous requirements and use case analysis. This is a highly visible role that works directly with management and subject matter experts across the organization to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of LeaseAccelerator enhancements.
• Review and assess new enhancement cases for prioritization and accuracy of ticket request content
• Lead the analysis and documentation of enhancements as it relates to the adoption of new lease accounting standards, proposed transactions, and new business activities
• Create release plans with the Product Assurance team
• Coordinate information gathering between business teams and engineering for complex accounting related enhancements
• Work closely with the Development team to communicate requirements, discuss solution alternatives, and ensure requested enhancements can be achieved
• Define detail business requirements for new Lease Accounting related features and enhancements while supporting GAAP and IFRS while considering the integration into the current software landscape
• Write product documentation and related communications for both internal and external customers explaining how to utilize our product in support of both GAAP and IFRS.
• Review system demonstration of product enhancement prior to development code being moved to a testing environment
• Coordinate with the Product Assurance team by providing input for detailed functional and operational use cases, test plans, scenarios, and expected outcomes to validate the accuracy and performance of each feature
• Conduct gap analysis between delivered functionality and additional client requirements and recommend solutions
• Provide analytical and troubleshooting abilities to address system feature issues
• Develop Customer facing materials and documentation including customer release notes and product feature advisories
• Mentor and direct accounting and IT professionals in the functional areas of Lease Accounting as it relates to the software enhancements
• Participate in ensuring compliance for SOC1 controls by ensuring the related control processes are performed and that the supporting documentation is maintained
• Coordinate the development release cycles such that a high-quality application is deployed to the user community
• BS/BA degree in Finance or Accounting
• 6+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience
• 6+ years Accounting Information Systems, software or ERP experience
• Ability to research accounting standards and interpret and communicate findings
• Ability to research, write, edit, and proofread accounting narrative and technical requirements documents
• Knowledge of GAAP and IFRS and related financial reporting, financial statement preparation, and disclosure requirements
• Ability to analyze and clearly communicate financial information
• Ability to interact will all levels of management across the business
• Ability to work independently on assignments where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making choices and recommendations
• Strong organizational skills to manage and advance multiple relationships and projects simultaneously with a significant degree of autonomy and minimal oversight
• A high energy, self-motivated individual with a strong sense of purpose
• Ability to meet a constant stream of deliverables and deadlines
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, and Word
• Highly detail-oriented and organized
• Experience in public accounting
• Proven success in providing analysis and insightful advice to business managers and financial professionals
• Experience preparing control documentation
• In-depth knowledge of GAAP with an emphasis on ASC840 and/or ASC842
• Knowledge and understanding of corporate controllership organizational and operational activities
LeaseAccelerator offers competitive compensation and benefits programs.
LeaseAccelerator is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or any other basis covered by law.
LeaseAccelerator is headquartered in Reston, Virginia. This position is located in the Reston, VA headquarters and the candidate may be eligible for telecommuting subject to performance and management approval.