About Communities in Schools:
At Communities In Schools, we are “all-in” for kids. It is our passion—it is our mission. At the National Office, we collaborate with local affiliate organizations, to provide resources and create communities of caring adults who work hand-in-hand with educators to make sure young people have the tools they need to stay in school and achieve in life. We are the nation’s largest dropout prevention organization, serving 1.5 million students in 2,400 sites across the country. We achieve this mission by hiring bright, creative, and innovative team members who have a passion for what we do.
About the Role:
As Data Analyst, you will report to the Director, Data Quality and partner with members of the Research, Learning & Accreditation team to provide ongoing training and technical support to the CIS network on the use of CISDM 2.0, the network-wide data management system. You will be involved in data cleaning, analysis, and data presentation/visualization for multiple audiences. The Data Analyst will also provide data management and analytic support to ongoing research and evaluation projects. In this role, you will be responsible for the following essential job duties.
• Providing ongoing support to the CIS network of affiliates in their use of the online data management system (CISDM), including troubleshooting, responding to help-ticket requests for support, and delivering training and ongoing technical assistance virtually (and in person, as needed).
• Maintaining accuracy of existing data management system to support resources, identify and contribute to the creation of new written and video training resources to support affiliate use of CISDM, as needed.
• Facilitate the annual data reporting process with the CIS network, including communicating changes from year to year, troubleshooting, data management, and data verification.
• Leading the creation of the annual data book, including identifying changes to format, visualizations, and analyses to be represented in the final document.
• Communicate annual results and findings to key stakeholders, through written reports and data visualization.
• Merging data from various sources, including CISDM and open source data sets for analysis and use in internal and external communications, research and evaluation, fundraising, and stakeholder reporting.
• Other duties as assigned.
You will have the following expertise, skills, and competencies.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree (Preferred) in statistics, evaluation/research methods, public policy, or related field with 3-5 years of work experience
• Experience managing large datasets a plus
• Experience with quantitative data analysis software (Excel proficiency required; R a plus)
• Demonstrated general data analytic skills (descriptive statistics minimum requirement; advanced analytics such as inferential statistics a plus)
• Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to pay close attention to detail, work independently and take initiative
• Knowledge of the field of education, nonprofits, and research/evaluation a plus
What we offer:
• Work that makes a difference—the opportunity to contribute to an important mission.
• A culture recognized by the Non-Profit Times as the #2 Non-Profit Best Place to Work in the United States.
• Competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
• Generous paid time off benefits.
• Commuter subsidy benefits.
Communities In Schools is committed to a workforce that is representative of the varied communities we are privileged to serve. We provide a work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Communities In Schools prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories