At Communities In Schools, we are “all-in” for kids. It is our passion—it is our mission. At the National Office, we collaborate with local affiliate organizations, to provide resources and create communities of caring adults who work hand-in-hand with educators to make sure young people have the tools they need to stay in school and achieve in life. We are the nation’s largest dropout prevention organization, serving 1.5 million students in 2,400 sites across the country. We achieve this mission by hiring bright, creative, and innovative team members who have a passion for what we do.
At CIS we are committed to cultivating an engaged culture where all are recognized and valued for their contributions. We intentionally build experiences, provide space for individual and group voice
About The Role:
The HR Associate is an essential member of the CIS National Office Human Capital team, working collaboratively with staff across the organization. Reporting to the Principal, Sr. HR Business Partner, the HR Associate will assist in coordinating the daily administrative functions of the HR department and contributing to the development and implementation of inclusive HR processes, programs, and projects. Key Responsibilities:
- Facilitates all employee actions including new hires, transfers, pay changes, status changes, and terminations, ensuring that all appropriate steps are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provides support with all aspects of virtual office management and ensure effective document management across the organization.
- Serves as the primary administrator to all HR systems, including our PEO system (Trinet), Performance Pro, Mutual of America, and Kazoo. Responsible for ensuring data is accurate, timely, and compliant.
- Supports the coordination between Trinet and HR/Payroll in administering FMLA, short-term and long-term, parental, COVID, and other forms of leave types.
- Delivers timely and accurate processing of HR transactions and maintains internal customer contact until matters are resolved.
- Supports performance evaluation process and participates in performance management matters in collaboration with HR and department leadership.
- Educates and assists employees on company policies, practices, and tools to encourage efficiency in resolution.
- Serves as an advisor for employees and managers alike on company policies, benefits, performance, and culture. Escalates complex matters to HR leadership if additional research or expertise is required.
- Reviews systems, applications, operational workflows to identify and recommend improvements and changed as needed.
- Collaborates with Office Manager on employee health and safety matters, event planning, and employee morale initiatives.
- Updates and maintains process documentation, FAQs, and other internal resources on the HR intranet and other platforms with the goal of creating efficiencies.
- Creates and maintains the calendar activities for the site on all Human Resources events and training offerings throughout the year.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
The successful candidate will have a passion for using one’s expertise to create and sustain a diverse, inclusive, and equitable culture. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate degree and two to three years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience providing coordination and oversight of programs and providing administrative support in a professional & confidential work environment and possess ability to manage sensitive and personal information with discretion and tact.
- Demonstrated experience with computer applications: MS Office Suite, Google Drive, Share Point, and Monday, and proficiency with spreadsheets and database applications.
- Demonstrated facilitation of virtual meetings through Zoom, MS Teams and other platforms.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to consistently follow through with projects, assignments, and meet deadlines.
- Hands on experience with an HRIS and/or other Human Capital systems is highly preferred. Having an interest and comfort with technology and how systems integrate is a plus.
- Knowledge of I-9 regulations and HR & payroll compliance practices.