About Communities in Schools:
At Communities In Schools, we are “all-in” for kids. It is our passion—it is our mission. At the National Office, we collaborate with local affiliate organizations, to provide resources and create communities of caring adults who work hand-in-hand with educators to make sure young people have the tools they need to stay in school and achieve in life. We are the nation’s largest dropout prevention organization, serving 1.5 million students in 2,400 sites across the country. We achieve this mission by hiring bright, creative, and innovative team members who have a passion for what we do.
About the Role:
As the Government Relations intern, you will support database development, research, and writing for the Government Relations team.
• Update federal-level funding databases
• Create a database tracking system focused on federal and state legislation and CIS Thought Leadership meetings
• Synthesize and summarize research projects for key stakeholders
• Support the Government Relations team in efforts to integrate/merge multiple data sets for advanced analyses
You will have the following expertise, skills, and competencies.
• Current enrollment in a college or master’s program focusing on public policy, political science, law or research and evaluation or related field.
• Experience with Excel is a requirement (experience with Salesforce is a plus)
• Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to pay close attention to detail, work independently and take initiative.
• Knowledge of the field of public policy, education, nonprofits, and research/evaluation
What we offer:
• Work that makes a difference—the opportunity to contribute to an important mission.
• A culture recognized by the Non-Profit Times as the #2 Non-Profit Best Place to Work in the United States.
• Commuter subsidy benefits.
Communities In Schools is committed to a workforce that is representative of the varied communities we are privileged to serve. We provide a work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Communities In Schools prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories