About Communities in Schools:
At Communities In Schools, we are “all-in” for kids. It is our passion—it is our mission. At the National Office, we collaborate with local affiliate organizations, to provide resources and create communities of caring adults who work hand-in-hand with educators to make sure young people have the tools they need to stay in school and achieve in life. We are the nation’s largest dropout prevention organization, serving 1.5 million students in 2,400 sites across the country. We achieve this mission by hiring bright, creative, and innovative team members who have a passion for what we do.
About the Role:
As Manager, Development, you will report to the Director, Constituent Engagement and partner with members of the Philanthropy and Engagement team to drive fundraising and constituent engagement efforts. You will play an essential role in the strategy, development, and execution of fundraising campaigns and donor cultivation throughout the year. You will build and steward a pipeline of supporters for the annual and major gifts revenue streams, and oversee regular communication with our constituents via email. In this role, you will be responsible for the following essential job duties:
• Manage a comprehensive donor and constituent engagement pipeline to strengthen the affinity of external constituents to Communities In Schools and build long-lasting relationships with supporters and prospects.
• Increase the annual revenue for Communities In Schools from individuals by helping to implement an annual fundraising and engagement strategy.
• Steward new supporters to the organization through extensive on-boarding efforts.
• Develop an understanding of supporter behaviors through analytics; plan and implement successful engagement activities with donors and prospects.
• Build a pipeline of prospects to support the annual and major gift revenue streams.
• Curate content for donor engagement communications and work in a cross-functional capacity to source timely and relevant information for supporters.
• Oversee and/or create online communications for distribution.
• Assist in the management of external vendors, such as direct response consultants.
• Collaborate with colleagues on message alignment across social, web, and other channels.
• Segment, test and report on online fundraising performance to better align initiatives.
• Other duties as assigned.
You will have the following expertise, skills, and competencies.
• A bachelor’s degree, three to five years of progressively responsible fundraising experience, or an equal combination of work and education.
• Familiarity with individual giving trends and multi-channel fundraising within the nonprofit sector.
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
• High-level of interpersonal skills demonstrated in interactions with individuals at all levels, inside and outside the organization.
• Strong organizational and project management skills; adept at working under tight deadlines and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Proficiency utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite, web platforms, and Salesforce-based applications is highly desired.
• HTML/CSS and SEO knowledge a plus.
What we offer:
• Work that makes a difference—the opportunity to contribute to an important mission.
• A culture recognized by the Non-Profit Times as the #2 Non-Profit Best Place to Work in the United States.
• Competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
• Generous paid time off benefits.
Communities In Schools is committed to a workforce that is representative of the varied communities we are privileged to serve. We provide a work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Communities In Schools prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.