About Communities In Schools:
At Communities In Schools, we are “all-in” for kids. It is our passion—it is our mission. At the National Office, we collaborate with local affiliate organizations, to provide resources and create communities of caring adults who work hand-in-hand with educators to make sure young people have the tools they need to stay in school and achieve in life. We are the nation’s largest dropout prevention organization, serving 1.6 million students in 2,500 sites across the country. We achieve this mission by hiring bright, creative, and innovative team members who have a passion for what we do.
About the Role:
The Digital Manager is responsible for executing a comprehensive, integrated digital outreach and engagement strategy under the supervision of the Principal of Digital Communications. The primary goal for this role is to help deepen engagement with CIS stakeholders and attract new constituents through the consistent execution of digital experiences that showcase CIS’s mission. The position involves ensuring that our digital assets, website, blog, mobile, and social media presence are utilized to achieve the overall strategic goals of the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field with at least 3-5 years of experience.
· Knowledge of current and emerging digital and technology trends.
· Proficient in using a variety of software platforms, including Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Content Management Systems (Wordpress, Drupal, Django, Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Google Analytics and other web technologies.
· Proficiency with writing for digital platforms, reporting and analytics for websites and social media, and, social media advertising, and email marketing.
· Experience planning and/or executing digital fundraising or advocacy campaigns.
· High-level of interpersonal skills demonstrated in an environment requiring flexibility and good judgment in managing interactions with individuals at all levels, inside and outside the organization.
· Ability to collaborate, influence, establish trust and rapport, negotiate, resolve conflict and effectively coach interns.
· Knowledge of the field of marketing, public relations, and education.
· Experience with Salesforce or Salesforce Marketing Cloud
· Bilingual or Multilingual
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
30% - Lead and maintain digital content calendars, including content development, publishing for web and social, monitoring and engagement on website and social media platforms to ensure content is regularly refreshed and accurate.
25% - Lead and consult on web and social media strategy for digital fundraising and advocacy efforts with team members from Advancement and Policy.
20% - Collaborate with the communications team to execute an integrated strategic communications plan and website strategy to redesign and enhance the public facing website.
10% - Lead and develop network and internal event email communications calendars and content to be published through Salesforce Marketing Cloud in collaboration with our Student Supports department.
10% - Measure, track, and report on the effectiveness of digital communications campaigns monthly and quarterly.
5% - Serve as a digital liaison to the Salesforce Center of Excellence and our Information Technology team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
What we offer:
· Work that makes a difference—the opportunity to contribute to an important mission.
· A culture recognized by the Non-Profit Times as the #1 Non-Profit Best Place to Work in the United States.
· Competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
· Generous paid time off benefits.
· Commuter subsidy benefits.
Communities In Schools is committed to a workforce that is representative of the varied communities we are privileged to serve. We provide a work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Communities In Schools prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories