About Communities In Schools
At Communities In Schools, we are “all-in” for kids. It is our passion—it is our mission. At the National Office, we collaborate with local affiliate organizations, to provide resources and create communities of caring adults who work hand-in-hand with educators to make sure young people have the tools they need to stay in school and achieve in life. We are the nation’s largest dropout prevention organization, serving 1.6 million students in 2,500 sites across the country. We achieve this mission by hiring bright, creative, and innovative team members who have a passion for what we do.
About the Role
Under the direction of the Director, Data Quality, the Help Desk Analyst (*Internal - Data Associate) will be part of a team providing technical support to the CIS network in the adoption and ongoing use of the data management system (CISDM) and will assist with providing content and input into the development of training resources, coordinating and performing system testing, and conducting data verification and other quality control efforts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required skills & qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science/information technology, statistics, or related field with a minimum 2-4 years of experience.
· Quantitative data analysis software. (Excel minimum requirement)
· Ability to communicate clearly via telephone, email, or chats and display strong listening skills to fully understand a user’s issues and needs.
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to keep files on ongoing issues and notes about specific system fixes.
· Focus on customer service and teamwork; ability to identify and correct problems and work seamlessly with other members of the help desk team.
· Familiarity with steps in the troubleshooting processes for all kinds of errors to quickly and effectively resolve user issues.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Experience or demonstrated interest in training or instruction.
· Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects/tasks.
· Experience with technology adoption and use of data management systems/case management software.
· Proficiency in management of large datasets.
· Familiarity with data visualization software.
· Knowledge of the field of education, nonprofits, or research/evaluation.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
45% - Troubleshoot and offer viable solutions to various problems within CISDM, the CIS national data management system. Includes handling routine user and/or technical issues that can be fixed in the course of a phone call or email communication, escalating more advanced issues to the system developer, documenting actions taken and resolution status, and tracking trends with respect to common issues/challenges and fixes.
15% - Conduct testing of new features in Communities In Schools data management system (CISDM) to support improved data collection and utilization throughout the network of affiliates.
15% - Verify data provided through the annual network-wide data collection process.
15% - Serve as reviewer and provider of content and system information for the development of training materials, user manuals and creation of other resources (e.g., tip sheets, training presentations, “how-to” videos).
10% - Prepare datasets for analysis and reporting (e.g., data cleaning, merging). Participate in network-facing webinars and other duties as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
· Travel is not expected for this position but may be required on rare occasions
What we offer:
· Work that makes a difference—the opportunity to contribute to an important mission.
· A culture recognized by the Non-Profit Times as the #1 Non-Profit Best Place to Work in the United States.
· Competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
· Generous paid time off benefits.
· Commuter subsidy benefits.
Communities In Schools is committed to a workforce that is representative of the varied communities we are privileged to serve. We provide a work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Communities In Schools prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories