About Communities In Schools:
Communities In Schools (CIS) matches at-risk students with the specific resources they need to beat the odds and stay in school. We have been perfecting this work for four decades. In 2018, we will be a beacon of hope in the lives of 1.6 million students in 2,300 K-12 schools. CIS works inside school systems with superintendents, principals, educators, and other personnel, to forge community partnerships that bring resources into schools and help remove barriers to student learning. CIS addresses both the total student—physical, psychological, and social needs—and the whole school environment. As we expand our work beyond the footprint of our affiliated network through sector entrepreneurship, innovation, and professional development, we will be closer to a future in which every school district, national charter management organization, and youth serving community-based organization in high need communities will have access to resources that foster Integrated Student Supports inside schools.
About the Role:
(Hiring for 3 different locations: New Jersey, Colorado, Connecticut)
We are seeking a highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual consultant or consulting firm with a desire to sell b2b services, is open to occasional travel, and comfortable with executing the sales process from end-to-end. This position is responsible for bringing on new clients (school districts, community-based organizations, state education agencies, charter management organizations) to expand CIS’ reach and deliver school and student impact through CIS affiliate replication, licensure and/or external professional development. The consultant will meet annual sales goals to expand CIS to new markets by initiating contact with potential clients and funders, cultivating interest, teaming with CIS national staff to negotiate agreements and steward the local sales process in key markets. The position will also work with staff to identify and cultivate private, philanthropic relationships to sustain the program.
· Identify, qualify and sign new accounts.
· Identify and cultivate private funders in partnership with CIS national staff.
· Cultivate long-term client relationships by building trust and forging new project engagements within each account.
· The above duties include consultations with CIS national staff, sales, scoping out project needs, pitching proposals, and participating in contract negotiations with CIS national staff to help close deals and establish lasting client success.
This position is a 1099 independent contractor or contract with a consulting firm. Monthly compensation based on services delivered.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution
· Deep knowledge and experience with state and local education systems and charter management organizations, community-based organizations.
· An understanding of, and connections to, local philanthropists and funders with an interest in education.
· Strong understanding of b2b sales cycles, strategies, and tactics; Experience with outside and inside sales.
· Ability to work independently and remotely with minimal oversight and open to occasional travel.
· High levels of personal and professional integrity with a focus on results.
· Advanced consulting and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively, influence others, provide quality customer service and establish and maintain effective relationships among different groups.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present information in a variety of settings to diverse audiences.
· Expert proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and ability to deploy and integrate a variety of web technologies.
· At least intermediate proficiency in common web conferencing software and CRM systems.
· Resides in and demonstrated contacts in New Jersey, Colorado or Connecticut.
What we offer:
· Work that makes a difference—the opportunity to contribute to an important mission.
· A culture recognized by the Non-Profit Times as the #1 Non-Profit Best Place to Work in the United States.
· 1099 independent contractor
Communities In Schools is committed to a workforce that is representative of the varied communities we are privileged to serve. We provide a work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Communities In Schools prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.