About Communities in Schools:
At Communities in Schools, we are “all-in” for kids. It is our passion—it is our mission. At the National Office, we collaborate with local affiliate organizations, to provide resources and create communities of caring adults who work hand-in-hand with educators to make sure young people have the tools they need to stay in school and achieve in life. We are the nation’s largest dropout prevention organization, serving 1.5 million students in 2,400 sites across the country. We achieve this mission by hiring bright, creative, and innovative team members who have a passion for what we do.
About the Role:
As the Human Resources intern, you will support the HR team with recruitment and the development of compliance procedures and documents. You will also respond to general inquiries and provide customer service to CIS employees. Specific duties include:
• Providing administrative support to the HR department
• Maintaining the upkeep of the HR files and all personnel paperwork. Create new employee, intern, and personnel folders.
• Assisting with any special tasks, presentations, projects, and reports.
• Identifying opportunities for improvement in support of compliance needs.
You will have the following expertise, skills, and competencies:
• Current enrollment in a college or master’s program focusing on Human Resources or related field.
• One to two years of office experience
• Possess and exhibit a strong and genuine interest in working with people and the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
• Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Intermediate to advance skills in MS Office
• Availability to work 15-20 hours per week
What we offer:
• Work that makes a difference—the opportunity to contribute to an important mission.
• A culture recognized by the Non-Profit Times as the #1 Non-Profit Best Place to Work in the United States.
• An opportunity to gain experience in a human resource function
• Commuter subsidy benefits.
Communities In Schools is committed to a workforce that is representative of the varied communities we are privileged to serve. We provide a work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Communities In Schools prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories