About Communities in Schools:
At Communities In Schools, we are “all-in” for kids. It is our passion—it is our mission. At the National Office, we collaborate with local affiliate organizations, to provide resources and create communities of caring adults who work hand-in-hand with educators to make sure young people have the tools they need to stay in school and achieve in life. We are the nation’s largest dropout prevention organization, serving 1.5 million students in 2,400 sites across the country. We achieve this mission by hiring bright, creative, and innovative team members who have a passion for what we do.
About the Role:
Under the direction of the Director, Data Quality, the Data Intern will support data collection and data cleaning efforts of the Insights and Innovation Team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Detect and correct errors in existing data sets (e.g., identify out-of-range entries)
- Merge relational data sets
- Code/recode data for analysis
- Assist with data analysis (e.g., descriptive statistics)
- Bachelor’s degree focused on statistics, evaluation/research methods or related field or enrolled in similar Master’s program
- Experience with quantitative data analysis software (Excel minimum requirement; R a plus)
- Demonstrated general data analytic skills (descriptive statistics minimum requirement; advanced analytics such as inferential statistics a plus)
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to pay close attention to detail, work independently and take initiative
- Knowledge of the field of education, nonprofits, or research/evaluation a plus
What we offer:
- Work that makes a difference—the opportunity to contribute to an important mission.
- A culture recognized by the Non-Profit Times as the #1 Non-Profit Best Place to Work in the United States.
- Commuter subsidy benefits.
* Intern position is part-time 15 hours/week.
Communities In Schools is committed to a workforce that is representative of the varied communities we are privileged to serve. We provide a work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Communities In Schools prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.