EdgeEnergy Job Posting: Engineering Technician
Recognized as one of the fastest growing start-ups in the region, EdgeEnergy Powers Possibility in the EV Infrastructure, Telecommunications and Agriculture Industry. Our team combines unmatched market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise that has positioned our company for significant growth. EdgeEnergy is committed to building innovative power solutions that challenge the possible and empower our customers to serve and connect communities.
This position represents the primary, full-time Engineering Technician supporting the Engineering Director in the successful, customer-facing commercial delivery of the EdgeEnergy baseline EdgeEV product portfolio, currently inclusive of the EV50, EV75, EV100, EV150, and associated cloud-based software. Supporting activities encompass the critical functions of engineering design, engineering validation & testing, production transition & optimization, manufacturing delivery and after-sales sustaining engineering. In addition, this resource will be required to directly engage in prototype fabrication, comprehensive product testing, on-site manufacturing optimization support, process documentation development, and technical drawing creation using CAD software.
Key Job Duties:
• Product engineering support from inception through commercial definition.
• Product transition to manufacturing from commercial definition including familiarity with lean-manufacturing, first article inspection techniques and quality reporting.
• Product sustaining engineering support with a familiarity with engineering change processes, documentation, and customer-facing roll-out.
• Product exploration and innovation experience including a technical capability to identify areas of feature enhancement, propose achievable solutions and articulate enhancements into definable, physical prototypes.
• Product and supply chain supporting activities including the definition and fabrication of proposed enhancements, the selection and ongoing critique of critical product components, and the ongoing evaluation of proposed product feature enhancements and potential areas for cost reduction.
• Process creation, documentation, facilitation & digital system implementation including a familiarity with supporting fundamental Engineering activities, both development and sustaining.
• Minimum Technical or Technology degree with an associated 5 or more years in a Technician or Technology position at a recognized engineering centric organization, preferably in mechanical / electronic systems, product builds, and / or component design.
• Strongly autonomous and individually accountable with the ability to drive incomplete technical requirements to physically optimized product definition(s).
• Solid understanding of fabrication techniques, materials, and processes.
• Foundational CAD drawing skills with the ability to drive innovative fabricated solutions to final commercial production with well-documented drawings.
• Prior engagement in product development, product design and product management.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• Familiarity with CEM activities and first article qualification reports.
• Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products, with an emphasis on data reporting using Excel.
• Capability to understand and edit project management GANTT charts to support product testing, support, and commercialization.
• Experience in Battery Systems and/or Battery Management Systems hardware a plus.
• Position will be located at either Cincinnati, Ohio or Dayton, Ohio.
• Position will report to the Director of Engineering.
• Travel will be required between the EdgeEnergy HQ in Cincinnati, Ohio, and our manufacturing partner(s) within the Ohio region.
Benefits and Perks:
EdgeEnergy offers a full range of benefits for full-time employees provided through TriNet which also includes medical, dental and vision. The company will contribute $1,000 towards the employee's benefits and $500 for a spouse along with 100% of a dental and vision plan for the employee. Full-time employees will be eligible for 7 personal days in addition to a minimum of 2 weeks of paid vacation and company holidays. The company has an equity incentive plan for all full-time employees.
One Three Energy, Inc dba EdgeEnergy:
Founded in 2020, EdgeEnergy designs and manufactures proprietary phase conversion hardware that allows for the installation of a wide variety of electrical equipment on single-phase power infrastructure. This equipment addresses the distributed needs of the Agriculture, Electric Vehicle, Telecommunications, and other markets. In many locations, EdgeEnergy’s technology eliminates the need for three-phase power and allows for faster and lower cost installations, while providing enhanced infrastructure and customer profitability.
At EdgeEnergy we Power Possibility.