EdgeEnergy Job Posting: Director of Engineering
This position represents the primary, full-time Engineering person accountable for the successful, customer-facing commercial delivery of the EdgeEnergy EdgeEV product portfolio, both current and future products. Successful delivery encompasses the critical functions of engineering design, engineering validation, production transition, manufacturing delivery and after-sales sustaining engineering activities. In addition, this person will define, coordinate, track and deliver upon the ongoing EdgeEnergy product roadmap, working in collaboration with the EdgeEnergy Sales and Business Development functions whilst integrating "Voice of Customer" learnings, as appropriate.
Key Job Duties:
• Product engineering development from inception through commercial definition.
• Product transition to manufacturing from commercial definition including an understanding of lean-manufacturing, first article inspection techniques and quality reporting.
• Product sustaining engineering with understanding of engineering change processes, documentation, and customer-facing roll-out.
• Product exploration and innovation techniques including “voice of customer,” life cycle analysis, and product road-mapping.
• Technical documentation support with demonstrated capability in the publication of white papers, product manuals, and technical summaries.
• Process creation, documentation, facilitation & digital system implementation including a keen knowledge of fundamental Engineering activities, both development and sustaining.
• Minimum BS Degree in Engineering with an associated 10 or more years in a technical managerial capacity at a recognized engineering centric organization, preferably in electronic systems, builds, and / or components.
• Engineering degree preferred in either Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
• Strong process, documentation, and communications skills.
• Demonstrated capability at interacting with global customers, sales channels, and outsourced manufacturing & development partners.
• Demonstrated capability of transitioning development products to manufacturing and tracking conformance to quality.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• Master's degree (or higher) in Engineering from an accredited curriculum.
• Experience in Battery Systems and/or Battery Management Systems hardware.
• Strong proficiency in accepted project management techniques including GANTT charting, process reporting, stage gate fundamentals and similar.
• Ability to define, create, and modify complex spreadsheet simulations supporting both technical and financial outputs.
• Position will be located at either Cincinnati, Ohio or Dayton, Ohio.
• Position will be responsible for directing a limited team of technical personnel.
• Position will report to the Chief Technology Officer.
Benefits and Perks:
EdgeEnergy offers a full range of benefits for full-time employees provided through TriNet which also includes medical, dental and vision. The company will contribute $1,000 towards the employee's benefits and $500 for a spouse along with 100% of a dental and vision plan for the employee. Full-time employees will be eligible for 7 personal days in addition to a minimum of 2 weeks of paid vacation and company holidays. The company has an equity incentive plan for all full-time employees.
Founded in 2020, EdgeEnergy designs and manufactures proprietary phase conversion hardware that allows for the installation of a wide variety of electrical equipment on single-phase power infrastructure. This equipment addresses the distributed needs of the Agriculture, Electric Vehicle, Telecommunications, and other markets. In many locations, EdgeEnergy’s technology eliminates the need for three-phase power and allows for faster and lower cost installations, while providing enhanced infrastructure and customer profitability.
At EdgeEnergy, our Vision is Freedom Electrified.