How does the field technician integrate with STH?
At STH, we pride ourselves on being solutions providers. Problems are solved in the field by our technicians every day. We strive to provide unparalleled service, repairs, and preventive maintenance throughout the DC-MD-VA region. We truly believe that great field service is the driving force behind consistent business growth.
As a field service technician at STH, your primary mission will be to put the customer first by providing maintenance and repair services at customer locations, following manufacturers’ guidelines, and utilizing knowledge of mechanical and electronic equipment.
Our great benefits:
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Paid time off
- Uniforms and company merchandise provided
- Company vehicle
- Paid training sessions
- Competitive Compensation and bonus program
A day in the life of a field technician:
- Provide customer service and support during field visits
- Manage on-site maintenance, repairs, and diagnostics
- Diagnose errors, and technical problems and determine the appropriate next steps
- Collaborate with the technical and Service Coordinator team to build positive relationships with clients and coworkers
- Fulfil customers’ needs by making appropriate timely recommendations and briefings using the appropriate procedures and automation systems
- Establish systems requirements, including gathering essential information for quotes and parts orders, and completing the installation.
- Build customer relationships and satisfaction by using ingenuity to investigate complaints, identify resolutions, suggest best operation practices, and recommend system improvements.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Prior experience as a Field Service Technician (mechanical, plumbing, and/or electrical experience is helpful).
- Full understanding of wiring schematics
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds independently, walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Prior experience as a field service technician for pumps, motors, and controls, any technician work in a dealership/automotive setting is a plus as well
- Strong attention to seeing beyond the stated problem and providing solutions accordingly
- Experience reading blueprints, project specifications and owner/install manuals