Founded in 1986, Asset Plus Companies (“APC”) is a Houston-based privately held fully integrated real estate operating and investment company specializing in multifamily and student housing. Asset Campus Housing presently manages a student housing portfolio of over 210+ properties consisting of 118,500+ beds and is the largest third party student housing management company in the nation. Our people truly are the most valued part of our company, and as such we acknowledge and reward those who consistently show initiative and add value. As we grow, positions continually open for all career levels. We look to hire experienced student housing professionals who are capable of making immediate impact in the organization. Ultimately, professionals join our organization because of our reputation, culture and growth. As a fifth year recipient of the prestigious Inc. 500/5000 fastest growing companies award, we provide unparalleled opportunities for career progression.
The Leasing Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of leasing and marketing at the property. The Leasing Manager works closely with the Community Manager to set leasing goals and develop a strategic marketing plan for achieving budgeted occupancy. Leasing Manager is responsible for effectively leading leasing team and accomplishing effective leasing, marketing and positive resident relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Strategic Leasing Management
- Ensure staff leasing techniques are effective in obtaining closure, follow up procedures met, signing/documentation of leases and reporting systems are accurate and up to date
- Audit all lease files to ensure adherence to policies and procedures
- Deal with resident complaints, concerns, and requests to ensure resident satisfaction
- Develop and implement resident retention programs (i.e. resident functions, special promotions, monthly newsletter, etc.)
- Effectively show, lease and move in prospective residents
• Marketing Management
- Assist in developing annual marketing plan and marketing budget
- Implement all marketing efforts and outreach, developing campaigns and assisting with design to generate traffic
- Monitor leasing/renewal progress, focusing on areas needing additional support
- Supervise the planning, preparation and implementation of all leasing and renewal events as approved by the Community Manager
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of the property and competition as well as market conditions; complete weekly market survey report
- Utilize established sales and marketing strategies to increase property traffic, maintain closing ratios and achieve budgeted occupancy
• Personnel Management
- Assist Community Manager in use of consistent techniques & company directives to screen, hire, train, coach and develop on-site staff
- Assist Community Manager in ensuring effectiveness of staff through ongoing training, coaching, counseling, and guidance in compliance with ACH training benchmarks
- Promote harmony and quality job performance of staff through support and effective leadership
- Ensure staff compliance and consistency with Company policies and procedures
• Administrative Management
- Manage excellent customer service and monitor service request turnaround and responsiveness of maintenance staff
- Maintain property appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed on timely basis (this requires regular property inspections and tours)
- Assist with supervision of all business functions related to operations
- Plan for and utilize property resources, equipment and supplies economically (i.e. obtaining bids/pricing from vendors, suppliers and contractors, dealing with inadequate service, etc.)
• High School Diploma or Equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred or 1 years’ experience in student housing industry;
• Ability to understand and perform all on-site software functions; basic computer skills required.
• Must have basic knowledge of Fair Housing Laws and OSHA requirements.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete, nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of their supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities without notice.
www.assetcampus.com Gather Uptown