Founded in 1986, Asset Plus Companies (“APC”) is a Houston-based privately held fully integrated real estate operating and investment company specializing in multifamily and student housing. Asset Campus Housing presently manages a student housing portfolio of over 210+ properties consisting of 118,500+ beds and is the largest third party student housing management company in the nation. Our people truly are the most valued part of our company, and as such we acknowledge and reward those who consistently show initiative and add value. As we grow, positions continually open for all career levels. We look to hire experienced student housing professionals who are capable of making immediate impact in the organization. Ultimately, professionals join our organization because of our reputation, culture and growth. As a fifth year recipient of the prestigious Inc. 500/5000 fastest growing companies award, we provide unparalleled opportunities for career progression.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for all maintenance operations of the community, including service requests, preventative maintenance, personnel management, compliance with safety standards, and customer service. The Maintenance Supervisor works alongside the Community Manager in ensuring the responsibility of overseeing the activities of assigned staff and vendors to ensure the maintenance of the property.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintenance Management
• Coordinate, schedule and respond to resident/management request and work orders
• Ensure all repairs and replacements necessary for community common areas and units
• Inspect grounds, building and other community features daily to daily to identify, minimize and correct hazardous property conditions or liability concerns
• Manage and order maintenance supplies inventory while adhering to budget guidelines set by Community Manager
• Maintain preventative maintenance program that extends the life of the community while minimizing future repairs
• Maintain well-organized and property stocked maintenance shop while adhering to safety standards and OSHA guidelines
• Maintain hazard communications program; teach and promote safe work practices
• Participate in unit inspections as requested
• Responsible for key control of community
• Maintain accurate records in regards to service requests, EPA/OSHA standards, preventative maintenance, apartment make-ready status, work in progress, etc.
• Assist with the general upkeep, maintenance and cleaning of office, common areas and model unit
• Participate in on-call emergency at community
• Plan for and utilize property resources, equipment and supplies economically (i.e. obtaining bids/pricing from vendors, suppliers and contractors, dealing with inadequate service, etc.)
• Give direction to and monitor maintenance, construction, and rehabilitation activities to ensure quality and expediency (i.e. “walk” units to ensure make-ready and work orders are completed)
• Personnel Management
• Under direction of Community Manager, supervises, trains and schedules maintenance activities for maintenance staff
• Check work progress of each maintenance staff on daily basis; provide immediate assistance and instruction if needed.
• Provide Community Manager input regarding employee performance evaluations
• Ensure effectiveness of staff through ongoing training, coaching, counseling, and guidance in compliance with ACH training benchmarks
• Promote harmony and quality job performance of staff through support and effective leadership
• Customer & Resident Relations
• Manage excellent customer service and monitor service request turnaround and responsiveness
• Projects a favorable image of the community to achieve property objectives and public recognition
• Ensure consistency in dealing with residents on all matters
• Enforce policies of the community that are delegated by immediate supervisor
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• EPA & CPO certification required
• Ability to understand and perform all on-site software functions; basic computer skills required.
• Must have basic knowledge of Fair Housing Laws and OSHA requirements.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must have reliable transportation due to the emergency on-call requirement.
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete, nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of their supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities without notice.