To be responsible, under the supervision of the Regional Supervisor (or Regional Lease-Up Specialist), for all phases of the operation of a property, including, but not limited to, the general administration of the property during initial lease-up; direction and control of all personnel and resources, carry out and facilitate successful marketing efforts as directed by corporate team. Ensure that all employees under your supervision are familiar with and understand the Company’s policies and procedures, safety and fair housing guidelines and liability concerns.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND TRAINING
DEGREES AND DIPLOMAS
• High School Diploma or Equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Fair Housing and TDHCA training preferred
• Must be able to use the following equipment: telephone, fax machine, computer (and property software as well as Microsoft Office), copy machine and business calculator
• Must have basic knowledge of Fair Housing Laws and OSHA requirements
EXPERIENCE OR SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE
• 2 year on-site as a Leasing Director/Manager, Assistant Property Manager, Property Manager, Corporate Level Marketing or will consider 3 years supervisory experience in customer service related business with appropriate certification(s)
The following are essential job accountabilities:
1. Develop new relationships and strengthen existing relationships with business contacts and vendors.
2. Identify potential prospective tenants utilizing market and demographic data as well as industry knowledge.
3. Model effective leasing and customer service techniques and communicate expectations to site team members.
4. Prepare monthly and weekly action and marketing plan, and ensure they are implemented
5. Maintain a solid awareness of property and market performance and makes decisions that will have a positive effect on performance.
6. Maintain an awareness and understanding of the goals of the property and work to enhance its overall image and presence in the market.
7. Identify marketing needs of specific property or areas to facilitate the development and implementation of marketing plan to accomplish objectives.
8. Projects favorable image of the community to achieve property objectives & public recognition
9. Regularly monitor leasing performance in person and through follow-up phone calls and utilizing Customer Satisfaction Surveys.
10. Communicate regularly with Vice President, Regional Supervisor, and other members of the Corporate New Development Team regarding goals, objectives, and relevant concerns, problems, and solutions.
11. Provide input to Regional Supervisor to develop marketing communication materials targeting Company market niches.
12. Generate revenue for property and handle future resident relations
a. Ensure property is rented to fullest capacity
b. Maintain property and/or leasing office appearance
c. Utilize marketing strategies to ensure traffic (i.e. competitive rental rates, promotions, locators)
d. Ensure staff leasing techniques are effective in obtaining closure
e. Responsible for lease application approvals
13. Property Leasing
a. Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria (ask question and utilize completed guest cards, etc.); immediately record all telephone and in-person traffic appropriate reports
b. Files guest cards and maintains according to established procedures
c. Conducts all functions necessary to close the sale, including making appointments, generating new leads, conducting tours, maintaining show rooms, and any follow-up necessary
d. Secure new resident signatures on appropriate paperwork prior to move in
e. Adheres to standards and complies with: corporate procedures, government laws on Fair Housing, and all inspections of the facility
14. Financial management and general administration
a. Ensure all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete, and submitted on a timely basis
b. Maintain accurate records of all property transactions (i.e. prelease rent rolls, pending lease reports, etc.)
c. Plan for and utilize property resources, equipment and supplies economically (i.e. obtaining bids/pricing from vendors, suppliers and contractors, dealing with inadequate service, etc.)
d. Continually monitor and analyze traffic logs, conversion ratios, budget guidelines, renewal information, marketing data etc. to give up-to-date and proper information when requested
15. Personnel Management
a. Use consistent techniques & company directives to screen, hire, orient, & train new personnel
b. Ensure effectiveness of staff through ongoing training, coaching, counseling, and guidance
c. Complete weekly/daily office staff schedules and assignments
d. Deal effectively and consistently with performance problems; document adequately, communicate with direct supervisor and HR, and terminate appropriately when necessary
e. Promote harmony and quality job performance of staff through support and effective leadership