The Credit Analyst will research and examine credit risks, assessing credit history, and making final credit decisions within individual credit limit and in accordance with company policy, reviewing financial data for credit reports, contacting and verifying references and investigating credit risk in customers. Ability to read and analyze complete financial reports is a plus.
• Gather transaction information by coordinating with the Origination and the Credit Underwriting teams.
• Prepare Credit Underwriting Memos, including narrative (concise and on-point), financial spreads and analysis as well as collateral valuation.
• Ensure each transaction complies with AmurEF’s credit policies and procedures.
• Compile due diligence lists and participate in calls or meeting with customers.
• Identify key risks and mitigating factors for each transaction, as well as recommend appropriate credit structures and pricing.
• Review accuracy of collateral searches, valuations and transaction documentation.
• Ensure effective communication among the Origination, Credit Underwriting, Doc & Funding and Syndication teams, as well as any other departments involved in the process, for an effective, timely and accurate transaction underwriting and closing process.
• Minimize turnaround time while thoroughly documenting credit requests.
• Perform special projects as required or requested
• Capable of supporting our Mission Statement, Vision and Core Values
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or Accounting or equivalent 3 to 5 years related underwriting experience preferred
• Recommended time frame of 2+ years in Commercial Credit Underwriting in a banking or equipment finance environment.
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Must be able to prioritize tasks effectively
• Effective business communication, both verbal and written
Competitive salary, health insurance, 401K, life Insurance, paid vacation, sick and holidays. EOE