The configuration manager will be part of an engineering team for the development of a new geospatial product. The Configuration manager will be responsible for documenting all changes, ensuring the tracking of various licenses, software versions, revisions and all associated paperwork. The CM will also be responsible for coordinating with vendors for any changes and updates required for the project.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Under general direction, responsible for effectively tracking, logging, categorizing, and maintaining changes made against the accepted baseline standards, as well as developing the initial baseline standard.
• Develops, distributes, and tracks all change packages resulting from approved actions.
• Ensure personnel are properly trained and aware of the processes required to the proper methodology for maintain a proactive CM program.
• Provide direct support to the systems engineering team
• Facilitates milestone planning by preparing, reviewing, and updating technical briefing materials and documentation.
• Develops configuration and data management documentation based on program requirements.
• Analyzes engineering change proposals to determine the effect on the overall system.
• Ensures configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness, proper authorizations, and system updates.
• Secret Clearance required, TS/SCI Preferred
• BA/BS and 8 or more years of experience
• Must Meet IAT Level 2 or higher
• Expertise in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and powerpoint.
• Some functional knowledge of Information technology systems
• Technical writing skills