The security engineer will be responsible for translating requirements into functional engineering and implementation on Geospatial development project. The Security engineer with work with the systems engineering team to ensure that all requirements are implemented for a successful Authorization and Accreditation package through RMF.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Coordinates the design, implementation and evaluation of all phases of highly complex information security solutions and programs.
• Participates in the security engineering, validation testing of system configuration/hardening, and assessment of classified information systems (IS).
• Supports the Certification and Accreditation (C&A) or the NIST Assess & Authorize (A&A) RMF process and develops system security plans (SSPs) under guidance of NIST SP 800s.
• IT security documentation experience -- development of IT security related documents, configuration management plans, system design, logical architecture diagrams.
• Should include the ability to identify and analyze security requirements to recommend upgrades, patches, new applications, necessary equipment, and technical support and guidance.
• Conduct a comprehensive technical review and examination of all system baseline changes to include development of test procedures, testing of proposed changes, implementation of changes and system operations.
• Conduct repeatable and accurate testing techniques within the appropriate system classification levels and in accordance with applicable regulations and policies.
• Apply group policies changes, STIGs and any other security protection mechanisms
• Ability to configure and integrate security related software such as HBSS, McAfee ePO, SIEMs and other software as required
• Secret Clearance required, TS/SCI Preferred
• BA/BS and 8 or more years of experience as a Security Engineer
• Must Meet IAT Level 2 or higher
• Two years or more experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) as applied within the Intelligence Community (IC) and/or Department of Defense (DoD) communities
• General knowledge of NIST SP 800-37, and NIST SP 800-53.
• Technical writing skills
• Experience with Microsoft WSUS, McAfee EPO, HBSS, SIEMs, and Windows OS Hardening.