Network Systems Engineer
Will be responsible for all networking activity on a Geospatial development project. The Network systems engineer will configure Cisco switches, routers, firewalls and ensure that all equipment is functioning correctly on the network. Additionally, may be required to assist systems engineers on other tasks as required by the project.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Analyze, define, develop, test, and implement networking roadmaps and standards for the project
• Configuration of network related services for Servers and Workstations
• Working understanding of TCP/IP Networks, Cisco switch, route, and firewall equipment.
• Ability to troubleshoot with packet capture software. Ability to understand and write basic ACL or firewall rules.
• Work with a team of systems engineers to analyze and implement requirements
• Provide detailed documentation, drawings and user guides as needed for the project
• Provide software and hardware installation, configuration and support
• Ability to configure a complex network involving a complicated software suite
• Secret Clearance required, TS/SCI preferred
• BA/BS and 6 or more years of network experience
• Cisco and Hyper-V experience required
• Security+ or IAT level II certification required.
• CCNA, CCNP other industry certifications desired