Principal Systems Engineer-Windows
The Principal Systems engineer will be responsible for being the expert authority for windows operating systems and server related engineering for the development, fielding and sustainment of a new Geospatial exploitation system.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Principal windows systems engineer for design, development, testing, implementation, fielding and sustainment.
• Serves as the absolute subject matter expert for windows related engineering, with primary expertise focused on Windows server 2012 and 2016.
• Expertise in Hyper-V virtualization (HA and non HA).
• Apply System Engineering across the lifecycle of a service from concept of operations and system requirements definition through design, testing, verification/validation, fielding, and sustainment.
• Expertise in windows services including GPO, AD DS, DNS, DHCP, IIS, AD CS, NLB, NPS, WSUS.
• SCCM experience
• Build new test and production environments on existing or new hardware as required.
• Utilize standard tools and methodology to develop system and support performance metrics.
• Life cycle documentation
• Minimum Secret Clearance, TS/SCI preferred
• 10+ years of experience with windows operating systems
• 5+ years of systems engineering experience
• Security+ required, MCSE preferred
• Familiarity with the geospatial domain and technologies a plus (Google Earth, Google Maps, ArcGIS, WMS, WFS, KML)
• Advanced knowledge of SQL