Human Resources Generalist
UltiSat, a Speedcast Company, is currently seeking a proven professional who is committed to the Human Resource Management Profession. The Human Resources Generalist will report to the Director of Human Resources, to assist in carrying out the overall Human Resources function, and will be located in the Gaithersburg, Maryland headquarters.
The Roles and Responsibilities of the Human Resources Generalist include but are not limited to the following:
• Coordinates the annual Employee Benefits Open Enrollment Process for all employee health and welfare plans.
• Administers the organizations employee benefit programs, including processing new enrollments and changes; resolving administrative issues with insurance carriers to include plan provisions and employee claims; reconciles monthly carrier statements.
• Processes and tracks worker’s compensation and unemployment claims
• Coordinates filing of IRS Form 5500
• Coordinates ACA reporting requirements
• 401K plan administration and compliance
• Ensures compliance with federal and state legislation pertaining to all employment matters.
• Compiles and submits annual EEO-1and VETS-100 filings.
• Participates in maintaining the Affirmative Action Plan (AAP).
• Partners with the HR Director in the administration of the compensation function.
• Works in conjunction with recruiter for all hiring needs, including developing and placing job postings, scheduling interviews, and developing offer letters.
• Ensures background checks and reference checks are completed for all employees.
• Conducts new-employee on-boarding and off-boarding processes.
Reporting / HRIS
• Maintains the ADP Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and ensures data accuracy and integrity.
• Compiles a wide range of reports for compliance, recruiting metrics, and general human resource management reporting needs.
• Participates on special projects
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required in Human Resource Management or related field.
• Six (6) to eight (8) years of relevant experience in progressively responsible human resources positions is required.
• At least five (5) years of experience with employee benefits administration and related compliance matters is required.
• Full proficiency is required with:
o all modules of ADP Workforce Now
o all modules of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
o federal, state, and local employment laws
• Experience and high level of proficiency with:
o interacting and communicating with individuals at all levels of the organization
o taking initiative, and managing complex issues creatively and effectively
o maintaining confidential information to the highest standard
o working in a fast-paced environment and demonstrating the ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
• Prior experience with a variety of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
• Prior experience working for government contracting organizations strongly preferred
• Exceptional verbal and written communication
• Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent problem solving and analysis skills
• Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information
• SHRM-CP or PHR certification strongly preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.