Proposal Manager – IT Professional Services
UltiSat, Inc. is a provider of high-touch, SATCOM oriented IT Professional Services to Federal Agencies, with IT and SATCOM professionals currently placed in both CONUS / OCONUS facilities; GSA Schedule contract holder, SIN 132-51.
We are seeking a seasoned, full-time Proposal Manager in our Gaithersburg, MD headquarters with recent and relevant experience developing solutions in response to U.S. DoD requirements for IT Professional Services to support UltiSat’s aggressive growth targets in this market sector.
The Proposal Manager is responsible for resources, planning, scheduling, development, and production of proposals involving IT Professional Services on primarily SATCOM-related programs. The primary focus of this position will be to produce winning proposals. The proposal developer owns the proposal strategy, derived from the capture strategy, and is responsible for the preparation of all assigned proposals, from concept through delivery to the customer. He/she will manage the overall process and will also be expected to write and develop proposal content, including management, technical, and financial sections.
• Responsible for end-to-end proposal planning and development, including:
o Analyze RFP, RFQ and/or RFI requirements
o Perform market, client, and competitive research
o Develop bid strategy, formulate teaming agreements
o Lead bid/no-bid decision with Senior Management
o Develop a complete and compliant technical proposal; including collaboration and content gathering from internal / external partners if and as necessary
o Technical writing and editing to produce final proposal
o Develop WBS, cost build-up, and pricing
o Overall scheduling of proposal resources to meet the submission deadline
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree with 7-10 years of experience developing winning IT Professional Services proposals in a U.S. Government (USG) contracting environment
• Full proficiency and experience in the understanding, knowledge, and application of federal procurement regulations (FAR/DFAR), and the various contract types such as CPFF, FFP, T&M, IDIQ, etc.
• Detailed understanding and proven experience in all aspects of USG RFPs
• Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Strong facilitation, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Full proficiency with MS Office Suite
• Strong, proven ability to:
o track, manage, and drive the development of multiple proposals in parallel
o work independently and with minimum supervision under a system of discipline, deadlines, and accountability
o work a flexible and/or extended schedule to meet changing priorities and deadlines which may include evenings and/or weekends.
o research, understand, describe, and write about complex technical topics
o communicate effectively, in verbal and written form to communicate the technical approach, convey win themes, value propositions, and differentiators
o meet tight proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and effectively managing resources
o obtain a US SECRET clearance
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
• Experience developing proposals which include technical solutions for mobile and/or fixed satellite communications
• Active security clearance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.