Primary responsibility is network and communication support for ARST PED operations. Support includes maintenance and configuration of MAAS system, NetApp and SAN storage systems, SATCOM systems, network setup and configuration, COMSEC and crypto management. The individual has working knowledge of MAAS, PICTE and AIMES systems, Windows operating systems, desktop support and extensive knowledge and experience supporting ISR collection systems. Works directly with the site lead and local supported customer to ensure daily tasks are completed as required to support 24x7 PED operations with maximum mission effectiveness and customer satisfaction. Additional duties include:
· Plans, coordinates, configures, directs, integrates, and supervises the installation, operation, maintenance, and management of telecommunications systems and networks, and oversees information systems support functions for command, control, communications, and computers used at all echelons of the Army.
· Plans, coordinates, and supervises installation, operation, maintenance, and management of telecommunications systems and networks, including radio, switching, cable, and automation equipment.
· Provides advice and technical assistance to subordinates and commanders.
· Develops frequency operational requirements, telecommunications service requests, and disseminates operations information to ensure communications connectivity. Requests and ensures appropriate logistical support is available at all times.
· Assimilates and reports system/network statistics.
· Develops and implements training programs for Signal personnel
· Uses computers to process operational and administrative information.
· Operates system control facilities as part of Signal organization management functions.
· Plans, directs, supervises and manages the installation, operation, and maintenance of Information Mission Area (IMA) Signal support functions within an integrated Army, Joint, or Defense telecommunications network, to include coordinating the resolution of communication difficulties within Army operated Signal systems and networks, and between Army, Joint, Defense wide commercial telecommunications activities.
· Provides advice and technical assistance to commanders and subordinate units/elements. Prepares and maintains reports, records, and operational databases used to conduct Signal support functions in both tactical and strategic environments.