UltiSat is currently seeking a Junior Network Information Security Analyst to be based in our Gaithersburg, MD headquarters.
The Junior Network Information Security Analyst uses security tools to analyze and recommend appropriate mitigations for security events and incidents. The Jr. Security Analyst will be responsible for configuration of security tools and review ofinformationcreated by those tools. The Jr. Security Analyst will prepare reports and other documents as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide expertise and support to the VP, /IA in supporting analysis and recommendation of mitigations for events and incidents identified in UltiSat corporate and customer networks managed by UltiSat.
· He/she will employ industry best practices, processes, procedures and techniques as part of daily monitoring and analysis of potential security events in networks managed by UltiSat.
· Audit system’s hardening, recommend necessary patching and upgrades for network components in customer networks managed by UltiSat as well as applications on workstations used by staff to support those networks and on servers deployed by UltiSat to support customer and corporate needs.
· Ensure compliance with corporate security policies and practices.
· Provide accurate and up to date supporting documentation.
· Audit authorized accesses; recommend revoking access; report violations; review monitoring information requests; recommending improvements.
· Performs preliminary forensic evaluations of internal and customer systems.
· Tasks includes incident response, system access approval, audit log review, and consultations/consulting on information security issues;
- Perform maintenance and/or advanced configuration of systems in order to protect infrastructure from emerging cyber threats;
- Present Monitoring/Test Results and Reports as required;
- Execute processes to implement technical solutions to address vulnerability findings;
- Experience installing, hardening, deploying, documenting, and troubleshooting network perimeter security technologies;
· Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited institute in an area applicable to this position (e.g. information security, network engineering).
· Experience with Identity Management tools and technologies including, but not limited to: RSA, Yubikey, RADIUS, Cisco ACS or equivalent.
· Experience with Network Vulnerabilities scanners such as Nessus, Qualys, Snort.
· Experience with firewalls, Fortigate, Cisco, and VSAT communications systems.
· Proficient at analyzing potential network security events and incidents, System Administration, Network Security, Firewall Administration, and Problem Solving
· Excellent understanding of Network Protocols, Routers, Switches, Firewalls
· Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises through reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
· Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
· Network engineering experience
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Must be able to qualify for US Government Secret Security Clearance
Must pass pre-employment background investigation and drug testing
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
UltiSat is a recognized leader in providing secure, reliable satellite communications networks that are flexible and scalable to constantly changing environments.Headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA, it has over 150 employees, a teleport in Blaavand, Denmark, salesoffices in the United States and Europe, a global field-service operation, and technology partners around the globe.
Leveraging its managed networks expertise, ground-segment infrastructure, and VSAT capabilities, UltiSat provides broadband networking, enterprise data, digital telephony and video-on-demand services anywhere in the worldto military and government entities, telcos, service providers, IGOs, and enterprises.With networks in more than 135 countries, UltiSat is one of the few companies that currently operates global monitoring networks that comprise sites on every continent. These intercontinental networks leverage UltiSat's experience and expertise in complete turnkey solutions where UltiSat manages everything from design through components acquisition to installation and ongoing operations and maintenance.
UltiSat's teleport in Denmark can access more than 100 satellites in the geosynchronous arc from 55°W to 70°and acts as a gateway to all organizations that need reliable access and satellite communications networks.
UltiSat provides the following services and solutions:
· Managed network services
· Professional services and staffing
· Airborne ISR and COTM solutions
· Earth-station and network systems design, implementation, integration, and maintenance
· Teleport services
· Voice (including VoIP), video, and data networks
· Wireless services
· Mobile satellite services
· Ship-to-shore communications.
UltiSat is committed to quality and customer satisfaction as evidenced by the registration of its Gaithersburg headquarters to ISO 9001:2008 for the design, development, and implementation of satellite communications networks; integrated information technology solutions; network operation and management services; and communications equipment installation, maintenance, and logistics services.
UltiSat's mission is to be the best-in-class, global, end-to-end managed service provider delivering high-value, commercial-satellite solutions to end users anywhere on the planet.