Sales Manager, U.S. Government (DoD or Federal)
The DoD/Federal Sales manager will play a key role in the development and execution of current and future UltiSat sales and market development strategy. The selected individual will be responsible for sales and account management efforts into multiple DoD/Federal Government elements, and will also manage other U.S. Government focused pursuits as appropriate to corporate growth.
Ideal sales candidates are likely to possess 10+ years of relevant military or government service, coupled with more recent sales account management experience, gained in the satellite communications space. Finalist candidates have achieved high performance results and demonstrated entrepreneurial sales and capture efforts resulting in attained or exceeded sales quotas. Familiarity and recent relevant experience with DoD (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, SOCOM), Federal Civilian Agencies (FEMA, DoS, WHCA, FBI, DEA, DHS), Space and/or Unmanned Systems clientele. Experience with satellite operators, transponded capacity sales and FSS/MSS services and programs is strongly desired. The preferred candidate possesses a track record of navigating – and successfully delivering upon – critical priorities and requirements, both directly to end user/customers and in close cooperation with key systems integrators.
Finalist sales candidates will have served in sales roles of increasing scope and scale over the past ~5 years, most recently managing satellite-based or relevant communications sales to a mission critical audience. Successful candidates thrive in fast paced, entrepreneurial environments where change is a constant and where results are acknowledged and lauded. This individual will have managed pipeline / funnel development plans, consistently exceeding performance expectations, while developing tactically-focused sales plans. Finalist candidates possess a solutions oriented account development approach and have name recognition and trusted advisor status across decision making levels of relevant-target Agencies.
The successful candidate will lead the identification and pursuit of DoD/Federal opportunities for the company. This is a highly visible role for UltiSat in a growing domain, and requires a unique blend of leadership, account strategy and people skills.
Key objectives include, though are not limited to:
· Develop and enhance account strategy for existing and emerging opportunities across DoD/Federal markets, working closely with a strong UltiSat team.
· Run all aspects of customer interface and support for UltiSat DoD/Federal accounts, leveraging existing relationships and ongoing program support work, relevant qualifications, and service delivery capabilities.
· Enhance the DoD/Federal "capabilities" portfolio and socialize across UltiSat executive leadership and program/account managers.
· Drive performance objectives on current programs while identifying, bidding on, and winning new awards with DoD/Federal and related agencies of interest.
· Meet UltiSat sales targets for Booking and Revenue Recognition.
· Introduce and engage with new, prospective DoD/Federal systems integrators as potential customers/partners; initiate, lead, and bring to closure UltiSat sales and capture pursuits within relevant DoD/Federal programs and other elements.
· Identify and initiate development of programs/projects in the area of managed satellite-based networks as appropriate to emerging customer demand.
· Leverage UltiSat internal resources to effectively execute account strategy.
· Identify and engage with external resources and other relevant third parties (prime contractors, 8As, relevant contract vehicles) to execute account strategy.
· Assess customer needs and requirements, procurement policies, budgetary cycles and priorities, technology development, market research and competitive analysis in an effort to design and deploy strategies to win new business for the company.
ADDITIONAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
· Function effectively in a fast-paced, matrixed environment - and is highly collegial.
· Ability to make sound decisions in often stressful and complex business situations based upon known variables and past experience.
· Excellent communicator with strong presentation and writing skills.
Successful candidates possess undergraduate degrees in business management or a relevant competency; Advanced degrees will be positively assessed, though are not imperative for candidate consideration.
Minimum Secret clearance required. Active clearance (TS/SCI eligible) is viewed positively though not imperative for candidate consideration
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
Successful candidates will reside in MD/VA/DC area. This position is located at UltiSat’s corporate offices in Gaithersburg, MD. Overnight travel is expected to be 25% annually.
UltiSat offers a competitive compensation package that will include a market base salary and variable performance based sales compensation plan.