*This role can be performed remotely from anywhere in the United States or Canada*
Are you looking to combine your technical and strategic expertise with your passion for nonprofit organizations? Are you a seasoned project manager with the ability to handle a portfolio of projects concurrently? Heller Consulting is a values-drive organization that will support you as you guide organizations through technology projects. Your success in this role requires you to tap into your past work with nonprofit organizations and develop efficient operational business processes and clear workflow systems, while following industry best practices.
As a project manager, you will be a key component to a project’s success at Heller, ensuring that the stated project objectives are met, the project comes in on time and in budget, and that we deliver a high-quality solution to our clients. You will contribute directly to client satisfaction by managing client expectations, effectively leading project teams, furthering the firm’s goals, and improving our methodology.
You must have strong project management skills and the ability to juggle several projects while developing strong client relationships. The ability to collaborate closely with your peers and clients while building consensus is also critical for success in this position.
This is a remote role for a fully virtual company. Some limited, company-funded travel may be expected in the future, but given current events, travel is not required at this time.
Typically, people who succeed in this role at Heller do the following:
- Manage project lifecycle for Salesforce or Microsoft implementations, Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) implementation planning and strategy services, and other Heller service offerings
- Provide strategic support and guidance on projects to the team and client
- Develop project plans based on scoped business process and technical requirements
- Manage project scope delivery from inception to closure
- Define, develop and actively manage implementation schedules and project budgets
- Coordinate & manage Heller internal resources and occasional external subcontractors
- Integrate project plans and timeline from client and vendors into a master project plan
- Mitigate project risk by utilizing proactive communication, budget analytics and by gaining trust from the client
- Lead effective communications with client and project team
- Manage project teams & foster collaboration and effective team performance
- Develop and maintain accurate and consistent project reporting for internal reporting standards and client reporting requirements
- Contribute to the refinement of existing services. Actively contribute to and build Heller’s thought leadership and knowledgebase through supported marketing activities.
- Mentor peers and lead by example both within projects and through internal professional development opportunities.
In this role, Heller Consulting requires the following:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of direct project management experience for a large technology project
- Strong presentation, meeting facilitation, conflict management and relationship building skills.
- Experience managing projects with technical and cross functional/departmental components
- Knowledge of cloud-based tools, techniques, systems and solutions
- Experience managing implementations of Salesforce or Microsoft required
- Previous experience working with nonprofits, experience working in fundraising and program management is a plus
- Exposure to and knowledge of Change Management practices and approaches
- PMP Certification
- Change management certification
- Previous experience with Salesforce or Microsoft as an end user, experience as a system administrator is not required, but it is a strong plus
- Experience managing large implementation projects with multiple stakeholder groups is strongly preferred
We offer competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience, health and retirement benefits, educational opportunities for continual growth.
This is a regular, full-time, salaried ("exempt") position. In a standard workweek, 35 - 38 hours should be spent on projects & tasks billable to a client. Non-billable hours are utilized for staff training or enrichment, client cultivation or general administrative work.