*This role can be performed remotely from anywhere in the United States or Canada*
Are you looking to combine your technical and strategic expertise with your passion for nonprofit organizations? Heller Consulting is a values-drive organization that will support you as you guide organizations through technology projects. Your success in this role requires advanced knowledge of nonprofit operations, technology strategy and a variety of CRM and platform ecosystems (such as Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics 365). In this role, you will assess and analyze operational business processes and workflows to optimize systems for usability, efficiency, and adherence to best practices.
As a Senior Consultant, your projects will range from technology platform assessment, CRM implementation planning, solution selection and/or technical strategic assessments and business transformational consulting.
You must have strong project management skills and the ability to juggle several projects while developing strong client relationships. As a Senior Consultant, your job will often involve building consensus, working collaboratively with your team members, and clearly delivering complex technical and business process guidance to your clients.
This is a remote role for a fully virtual company. Some limited, company-funded travel may be expected in the future, but given current events, travel is not required at this time.
In addition to consulting duties, you will also participate in the firm’s growth by offering constructive feedback and working on initiatives that enhance Heller’s strategies and priorities. Senior Consultants are expected to work and take leadership roles on our most complex projects.
Typically, people who succeed in this role at Heller do the following:
- Serve as a primary and lead consultant on delivering strategic services. This could include system and platform assessments, CRM implementation planning, solution selections, and change management services across various technology ecosystems.
- Lead and coordinate CRM ecosystem implementations that include implementation or integration with digital solutions, such as online fundraising tools, event and marketing automation products, and online constituent communities.
- Develop, document and deliver strategic services that provide tailored guidance for current and future state technology ecosystems that may address organizational needs for change management, technology solutions, operational changes, and new procedures.
- Conduct solution selections and fit assessments for CRM, digital fundraising and marketing solutions against client requirements and recommend future state architecture to support digital transformation.
- Assess, develop, and execute change management strategy for increased user adoption.
- Confidently deliver recommendations and facilitate decision-making processes.
- Analyze current business practices and make recommendations for improved effectiveness and efficiency.
- Proactively manage the scope of work, budget and timeline with the project manager and project team.
- Contribute to the refinement of existing strategy services. Actively contribute to and build Heller’s thought leadership and knowledgebase through supported marketing activities.
- Mentor peers and lead by example both within projects and through internal professional development opportunities.
- At least 4-5 years of consulting experience delivering strategic services and facilitating client conversations around digital transformation
- Demonstrated experience or familiarity with nonprofit operations
- Strong presentation, meeting facilitation, conflict management and relationship building skills.
- Experience and confidence making strategic-level recommendations and guiding visionary decision-making for nonprofits.
- Demonstrated success in designing, diagramming, and implementing complex solutions.
- Strong time management skills with proven ability to work across multiple large, complex, and/or high priority projects and consistently meet project deadlines, project priorities, and client requirements.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and skills
- Comfort with and confidence using the full suite of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, Teams, , and PowerPoint.
Applicable certification(s) based on experience and areas of focus, such as:
- Certified Project Management
- Certified Change Management
- Certified Salesforce Sales or Services Cloud or other Salesforce credential
- Certified Dynamics 365 CE/CRM Functional Consultant
Experience overseeing Salesforce projects that include digital solutions and/or digital tool experience (such as Pardot, Luminate Online, Marketing Cloud, ,, etc.)
We offer competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience, health and retirement benefits, educational opportunities for continual growth.
This is a regular, full-time, salaried ("exempt") position. In a standard workweek, 35 - 38 hours should be spent on projects & tasks billable to a client. Non-billable hours are utilized for staff training or enrichment, client cultivation or general administrative work.