*This role can be performed remotely from anywhere in the United States or Canada*
Are you looking to combine your technical and strategic expertise with your passion for nonprofit organizations? Heller Consulting is a values-drive organization that will support you as you guide organizations through technology projects. Your success in this role requires advanced knowledge of nonprofit operations, technology strategy and Salesforce experience. As a strong candidate, you should be able to demonstrate how your past work with nonprofit organizations helped develop efficient operational business processes and clear workflow systems, while following industry best practices.
As a Senior Consultant, your projects will range from facilitating a full CRM conversion and Salesforce implementation to conducting assessments of operational and/or technical strategies and consulting on business transformations.
You must have strong project management skills and the ability to juggle several projects while developing strong client relationships. As a Senior Consultant, your job will often involve building consensus, working collaboratively with your team members, and clearly delivering complex technical and business process guidance to your clients.
This is a remote role for a fully virtual company. Some limited, company-funded travel may be expected in the future, but given current events, travel is not required at this time.
A Senior Consultant at Heller Consulting is a client-facing role and is responsible for maintaining and providing expert-level Salesforce product knowledge and/or project leadership. In addition to consulting duties, you will also participate in the firm’s growth by offering constructive feedback and working on initiatives that enhance Heller’s strategies, services, and priorities.
Typically, people who succeed in this role at Heller do the following:
- Serve as a lead consultant on CRM implementation projects. This could include having primary ownership of client communication, overseeing design and architecture decisions, and ensuring the quality of all work delivered by the Heller project team.
- Confidently deliver recommendations and facilitate decision-making processes.
- Lead meetings and collaborate on system design and configuration.
- Lead and facilitate client testing and training sessions.
- Develop and design business process documentation.
- Analyze current business practices and make recommendations for improved effectiveness and efficiency.
- Deliver strategic services, which could include system and platform assessments, CRM implementation planning, technology solution selection, and change management services.
- Proactively manage the scope of work, budget and timeline with the project manager and project team.
- Contribute to the refinement of existing Salesforce services. Actively contribute to and build Heller’s thought leadership and knowledgebase through supported marketing activities.
- Mentor peers and lead by example both within projects and through internal professional development opportunities.
In this role, Heller Consulting requires the following:
- At least 3 years of Salesforce consulting experience or a minimum of 5 years of experience working at a nonprofit, demonstrating increasing responsibility of Salesforce.
- Nonprofit operations experience.
- Strong presentation, meeting facilitation, conflict management and relationship building skills.
- Experience and aptitude to make strategic level recommendations and guide visionary decision making for nonprofits.
- Demonstrated success in designing, implementing, and configuring complex marketing, operations, or fundraising solutions within Salesforce.
- Strong time management skills with proven ability to work across multiple large, complex, and/or high priority projects and consistently meet project deadlines, project priorities, and client requirements.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and skills
- Comfort with and confidence using the full suite of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, Teams, , and PowerPoint.
- Salesforce Certified App Builder, Developer, Designer, or Architect credential.
- Salesforce Nonprofit Cloud Consultant certification.
- Familiarity with digital solutions and/or digital tools (such as Pardot, Luminate Online, Marketing Cloud, ,, etc.)
- Project management and change management experience
We offer competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience, health and retirement benefits, educational opportunities for continual growth.
This is a regular, full-time, salaried ("exempt") position. In a standard work week, 35 - 38 hours should be spent on projects & tasks billable to a client. Non-billable hours are utilized for staff training or enrichment, client cultivation, and general administrative work. Please note that employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background check.