Position Title: Quality Assurance Specialist
Location: Scottsdale, AZ (remote for the right candidate)
Reports To: Senior Quality Assurance Manager
Compensation: $55,000 - $68,000 annual salary, DOE
Benefits: Vacation, paid sick leave, paid time off, paid holidays, dental insurance, health insurance (employer pays a portion of the employee’s monthly premium), on-the-job training and professional development. 401K offered after one year with immediate vesting.
We are the largest grant writing and grant consultancy firm in Arizona and a leading national grant writing consultancy firm.
Person in this position will assist the Senior Quality Assurance Manager in reviewing and submitting local, regional, and national foundation, corporate, city, county, and state grants. The Quality Assurance Specialist will learn the skills necessary to oversee review and submission of projects independently within their assigned grant team. Essential Job Functions include those listed below.
Essential Job Functions
· Review drafts of grants in accordance with KJA procedures/policies, including copy editing, content editing, and review of documents/attachments related to grant submissions.
· Assist with collection of required attachments and documents related to grant submissions, as needed.
· Monitor and provide updates to the Senior Quality Assurance Manager on grant assignments.
· Build and maintain expert-level knowledge of KJA clients and programs within assigned client portfolio.
· Assist Senior Quality Assurance Manager, writers, and/or clients with final submission process, as needed.
· Compliance with time frames and activities related to grant tasks.
· Other relevant duties as assigned
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Must be extremely precise and detail oriented
· Must be proficient in Microsoft "Office" and "Works" software
· Familiarity with “Adobe Pro” and “Visio” a plus
· Familiarity with grant writing and/or the submission process is required
· Familiarity with Arizona’s local government funders is highly preferred
· Familiarity with regional and national government grants is highly preferred
· Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, or related field
· Specialized training or experience in grant development and grant reviewing is required (a minimum of 5-7 years of grant experience, including reviews)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Office setting (located at KJA headquarters in Scottsdale, or remote, for the right candidate)
- Minimal noise
- Primarily desk work
- Repetitive motion and eye strain through extensive utilization of computer hardware and software.
Kim Joyce and Associates is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.