Position Title: Junior Grant Writer
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Reports To: Senior Quality Assurance Manager
Compensation: $40,000 - $45,000 annual salary, DOE
Benefits: Vacation, paid sick leave, paid time off, paid holidays, dental insurance, health insurance (employer pays a portion of the employee’s monthly premium), on-the-job training and pathway to Grant Specialist position, and professional development. 401K offered after one year with immediate vesting.
We are the largest grant writing and grant consultancy firm in Arizona and a leading national grant writing consultancy firm.
Essential Job Functions
· Work with Grants Specialists, Senior Grants Specialists, and the CEO.
· Complete grant applications as assigned.
· Research grant funder opportunities.
· Become quickly proficient in the technology used by the Company to report and track client information, manage projects and workflow, and all communication channels.
· Meet expected standards of excellence, accuracy, and timeliness in all work produced.
· Organize your work to assure all required deadlines are met.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of computer programs, software, and online document sharing programs.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of online grant application portals (foundation, corporate, and government).
- Ability to communicate and discuss, in writing and verbally, in a clear, concise, well organized manner.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of MSOffice - Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Critical thinking, stellar work ethic, and organizational skills are a must.
- Become quickly proficient in Asana or other project management software, Zoom conferencing, grant database management programs (GrantHub), and online document sharing programs (Dropbox and Google Docs).
- Bachelor’s Degree in English or related field
- At least 1 year of experience in grant-seeking, grant research, and grant writing, and/or proof of completed grant writing courses.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Office setting (located at KJA headquarters in Scottsdale, or remote, for the right candidate)
- Minimal noise
- Primarily desk work
- Repetitive motion and eye strain through extensive utilization of computer hardware and software.
Kim Joyce and Associates is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.