Position Title: Senior Grants Specialist
Location: Scottsdale, AZ (remote for the right candidate)
Reports To: CEO & Sr. Project Manager – Grant Writing Division
Compensation: $65,000 - $85,000 annual salary, DOE
Benefits: Vacation, paid sick leave, paid time off, paid holidays, dental insurance, health insurance (employer pays a portion of the employee’s monthly premium), and professional development. 401K offered after one year with immediate vesting.
We are the largest grant writing and grant consultancy firm in Arizona and a leading national grant writing consultancy firm.
Our services include highly competitive grant proposals, prospect research for funding opportunities, grants management services (pre- and post-award), grant office assessments, mock peer grant reviews, donor cultivation coaching, and grant writing training. We have high expectations, and our results speak for themselves.
Our business approach is simple – Build Teams that work collaboratively and closely with our clients to deliver quality services. Our teams are passionate about our clients, and we pride ourselves on exceeding expectations. We share knowledge, skills, and experience to work together for the benefit of our clients. We are looking for people who are the best in their field and who want to do work that makes a difference. If you are looking to be a member of a truly supportive team, in a positive and fun work environment we would like to speak with you.
Kim Joyce & Associates is looking to hire two (2) seasoned Senior Grants Specialists (1 in our Scottsdale office and 1 fully remote position).
Essential Job Functions
- Provide extensive grant funder research.
- Support analysis, planning, implementation, evaluation, and writing of grant applications as assigned.
- Meet grant application deadlines as assigned.
- Work as a team with grant writers, consultants, and the CEO to develop application components as required, and assigned.
- Be proficient in all company organizational systems and technology used for reporting and tracking client information.
· Experience in grant seeking, grant research, grant writing, program design, and evaluation is a must.
· Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
· Strong knowledge of computer programs, software, and online document sharing programs.
· Ability to organize and prioritize to successfully meet deadlines.
· Strong knowledge of online grant application portals (foundation, corporate, and government).
· Critical thinking, attention to detail, and organizational skills are a must.
· Exceptional writing and computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Pro, etc.
· Confidence, integrity, honesty, and ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
· Genuine care for client outcomes
- Bachelor’s Degree in English or related field
· Minimum 5-7 years of grant writing experience required – no exceptions (including writing and submitting funded Federal grants).
· GPC preferred, but not required
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Office setting (located at KJA headquarters in Scottsdale, or remote, for the right candidate)
- Minimal noise
- Primarily desk work
· Repetitive motion and eye strain through extensive utilization of computer hardware and software.
Kim Joyce and Associates is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.