iMentor builds mentoring relationships that empower students in low-income communities to graduate high school, succeed in college, and achieve their ambitions. Students work with their mentors one-on-one, in-person and online, to develop strong personal relationships, nurture a college aspiration, navigate the college application process, and build critical skills that lead to college success. In New York City, Chicago, and the Bay Area, iMentor partners with public schools to ensure every student in the schools receives a mentor. iMentor also provides its curriculum, technology, and best practices to help nonprofits run effective programs in the iMentor model. Since 1999, iMentor has connected more than 25,000 students with mentors and this year, iMentor is serving nearly 9,000 students across the country.
Entering this next five-year strategic plan, iMentor is focusing on growth and improvement, launching widespread impact strategies, financial sustainability, and deepening its diversity & equity work. Building on its track record of success supporting first-generation college students, iMentor is committed to leveraging its resources and stature to not only deepen impact programmatically, but to challenge the structures that fuel inequity and make this work necessary.
iMentor has been recognized through funding from many of the leading education funders in the country, including the Ballmer Group, the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, the Robin Hood Foundation, the Bezos Family Foundation, New Profit Inc., and the Kresge Foundation. iMentor is one of the nation’s most innovative and quickly growing college success organizations. As a team, we are collaborative, fun, bring passion and joy to our work, and deeply believe in human potential. iMentor was recently named one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times. Read more about our work and values at: http://www.imentor.org.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We believe that people of all backgrounds deserve equal access to educational opportunities. Recognizing that our country’s history of racism and systemic oppression continues to drive educational disparities for students of color, we give special focus to addressing the economic and racial divides that impact the communities we serve. We are committed to the collective work and intentional investment necessary to consistently move in the direction of educational equity and inclusion. This role is a part of the COO vertical at iMentor, and as such, we expect all members to commit to self and team exploration of topics related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
iMentor is seeking a Junior Software Developer who is able to research, design, and implement solutions that work with a complex ecosystem of software. The ideal candidate will be an effective technologist who will have a deep understanding of the potential usages of out of the box software functionality, and how systems are used. They will both figure out how systems can be further leveraged, with development, and the untapped synergies in building links between them. This person will report directly to the Vice President of Engineering and will collaborate closely with the technology team to create solutions that are timely, relevant, and innovative.
· Research solutions for vendor specific software technology
· Create integration proof of concepts
· Liaise between business end users and vendor level 3 support
· Maintain SQL Server procedures, SSIS packages
· Write code to parse JSON results from RESTful APIs
· Create SQL queries for reports
· Support iMentor organization-wide initiatives, requiring occasional evening and/or weekend events
· At least 1 year of experience with Python
· At least 1 year of experience with SQL
· At least 1 year of experience with coding against an API
· Experience with tools such as Postman and curl
· Experience with extract, transform, and load processes
· Experience with electronic data interchange
· Experience with Agile software development
· Experience using project tracking software (e.g. Jira)
· Experience with the software development lifecycle
· Aligned in thought and action with iMentor's values (http://www.imentor.org/values)
· Views differences between individuals (race, gender, age, cultural heritage, physical ability, education and lifestyle) as an asset and demonstrates an appreciation of the diversity within iMentor
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Experience with XML
· Experience with SSO and SAML configuration
· Web development experience (HTML/CSS)
· Experience with Salesforce
Compensation & Benefits
· Salary commensurate with experience
· Up to 100% employer funded comprehensive medical and dental coverage
· 18 days paid annual vacation and 13 paid holidays + most iMentor functions closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day
· 401K match up to 4%
· Significant opportunities for professional development and growth
How to Apply
Visit www.imentor.org/jobs to submit a resume and detailed cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so it is in candidates’ best interest to apply as soon as possible. No phone, email, mail, or fax inquiries will receive a response.
iMentor is an Equal Opportunity Employer