The Program Manager, Post-Secondary Success (PM) will be responsible for providing strategic guidance for mentee and mentor pairs enrolled in iMentor’s Post-Secondary Program that builds a path of success for students through post-secondary education. They will help mentees matriculate to, enroll in, and remain enrolled in 2-year or 4-year undergraduate and alternative pathway programs by providing targeted advisement; including registration deadlines, financial aid information, and applicable enrollment updates relevant to the post-secondary experience.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Post-Secondary Success, the PM will work to leverage and engage mentors as a “go-to” resource for enrolled students, providing timely and relevant information that focuses on how they can help mentees navigate the post-secondary environment and alternative pathway space. By having general knowledge of the post-secondary landscape, they can articulate the needs of adult volunteer mentors who support mentees through their transition from high school.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of professional experience working to support programming within a post-secondary context, a strong customer service orientation, a passion for helping students achieve post-secondary success and the ability to motivate adult volunteers of all ages and backgrounds.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe that people of all backgrounds deserve equal access to educational opportunities. Recognizing that our country’s history of racism and systemic oppression continues to drive educational disparities for students of color, we give special focus to addressing the economic and racial divides that impact the communities we serve. We are committed to the collective work and intentional investment necessary to consistently move in the direction of educational equity and inclusion.
College Advising & Pair Support
- Provide virtual and in-person support to approximately 250 mentors and mentees as they transition from the iMentor high school program into their respective post-secondary path
- Conduct individual mentor coaching to ensure mentee progress through 2-year, 4-year college, and alternative pathways
- Deliver college and career advising services to help mentor and mentee pairs navigate important deadlines and decisions within the college and employment landscape
- Devise targeted proactive and reactive case management plans to address barriers to mentor and mentee success in the program
Data Analysis & Reporting
- Document and track all support provided to participants; maintain high quality, timely notes on pair progress in the program
- Analyze and manage data; create targeted weekly focus lists to increase participation and drive programmatic outcomesWork closely with iMentor’s Research and Evaluation Team to identify and report out on key data points relevant to understanding college persistence trends on both a national and local level
Outreach & Communication
- Collaborate with the National Program Team to disseminate monthly post-secondary curriculum content and resources
- Contribute content to mass text campaigns, e-mail marketing, social media, and listservs to drive engagement, persistence, and matriculation among program participants
Events and Facilitation
- Develop and facilitate Post-Secondary Program orientation workshops, info sessions, and events
- Host iMentor virtual and in-person office hours to support mentors and mentees
- Attend external events to enhance the visibility of the program within the post-secondary access community and develop new program contacts
- Manage 12th grade pair enrollment in Post-Secondary ProgramWork in conjunction with iMentor NYC's high school program to orient pairs from the 12th grade to the Post-Secondary Program
- 3+ years of professional experience in college advising, admissions, college access programming and persistence, customer service and volunteer engagement
- Demonstrated interest in working with people from various backgrounds and comfort interacting remotely with constituents
- Intimate knowledge of public and private school systems (SUNY/CUNY programs preferred), plus experience working with opportunity and alternative-pathway programs
- Comfort with using data and research to drive program results and assess engagement trends
- Excited about the college access space and supporting first-generation college students as they matriculate to and through college and alternative pathways
- Must have a customer service orientation with demonstrated support for remote program constituents
- Must be a self-starter and proactive problem solver, able to elevate challenges and collaborate with leadership to develop solutions
- Proven effectiveness in high-volume case management and customer/constituent support within a fast-paced setting
- Strong organization and project management skills with ability to balance multiple priorities and high-volume tasks
- Experience with large-group event facilitation, preferably with young adults or adult volunteers
- Must also demonstrate the ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Travel to external meetings, partner schools and college campuses within NYC region may be required
- Demonstrated alignment with iMentor's mission, values, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Our organization works in partnership with district public schools across the country. In doing so we must meet all compliance requirements of those districts
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Up to 100% employer funded comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- 18 days paid annual vacation and 13 paid holidays, and most iMentor functions closed between
- Christmas and New Year’s Day
- 401K match up to 4%
- Significant opportunities for professional development and growth
How to Apply
Visit www.imentor.org/jobs to submit a resume and detailed cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for this position. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Sorry, due to the high volume of applicants for this and other positions here at iMentor, no phone, email, mail, or fax inquiries will receive a response.
iMentor is an Equal Opportunity Employer