Camp Fire First Texas Job Summary
Job Title: Afterschool Site Director
Department: Youth Development
Position fiction: 4
Location: Aledo ISD (Aledo, TX)
In-Person/Virtual: In-Person, Monday-Friday 2pm-7pm
Reports To: Program Director, Afterschool
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Full/Part Time: Part-Time (25 hours per week)
Compensation Package: $16-$18 per hour
Part-time employee benefits include paid time off, 100% afterschool tuition paid for employees whose child/ren attend a Camp Fire afterschool program, bi-weekly bonus of $300, 401(k) retirement savings plan including a company match, and ongoing professional development training.
Start Date: Immediately
Our Commitment to Equity
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every one of the qualifications listed. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every one of our qualifications listed. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, please feel free to contact us to discuss your application. Camp Fire strives to create an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the diversity of the people we serve. We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to create a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
Our Investment in You
Through a commitment to equity, continuous learning and by leading with our values, we believe in maintaining a supportive work culture while providing the highest quality programming. Camp Fire is putting the call out to the passionate individual who is ready to join our team.
Job Summary: We are currently seeking an energetic, engaging, and enthusiastic Afterschool Site Director to join our Youth Development team! The successful candidate will have a passion for working with elementary aged students in the afterschool space and enjoy providing hands-on interactive activities based in Outdoor Education, Social-Emotional Learning, and S.T.E.A.M. (science, technology, engineering, arts, agriculture and math) exploration.
Key Area of Responsibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. …Program Operations
· Manage and direct an afterschool program onsite at an elementary school.
· Ensure that the designated afterschool site is in compliance with Texas Licensing Minimum State Standards.
· Track daily student attendance sheets.
· Model and promote positive guidance and interactions with students and parents to site staff.
· Maintain a high quality, safe, and healthy environment adhering to Camp Fire standards.
· Plan daily, weekly, and monthly student-centered activity stations, games, and vendors.
· Track, complete, and communicate all accidents and behavioral incidents with the Afterschool Program Director.
· Administer annual student focused surveys.
· Maintain enrollment paperwork and ensure all information is up to date.
· Create and foster positive communication with parents, school faculty, school administration, site staff, program leadership, and students.
· Support Youth Development Department by being available for recruitment events at school site and within the community.
· Attend regularly scheduled Site Director meetings and trainings.
· Supervise and mentor site staff on all program requirements.
· Any other duties that may be assigned.
· Must be 21 years of age or older.
· High school diploma or equivalent required. CDA credential and/or Associate degree in child development, education, or a related field preferred.
· At least 1 year working with children and youth.
· Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience in managing two or more staff members.
· Excellent organizational and communication skills with parents and administrative staff.
· Ability to provide a safe, fun, nurturing environment for youth throughout the school year and summer.
· Ability to demonstrate positive behavior management and problem-solving techniques to staff and students.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
First Aid / CPR certified
· Ability to lift 40 pounds.
· Ability to communicate clearly.
· Ability to use office equipment including copiers, computers, and telephones.
· Communicate with families, school partners, community partners, and the public, in a positive and professional manner through all forms of correspondence.
About Camp Fire:
Camp Fire First Texas is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that invests in North Texas communities by providing out-of-school time and outdoor learning programs for children and youth while also offering workforce development programs for early childhood educators. We envision a community in which every child has equitable access to the learning opportunities they need to succeed and thrive in a rapidly changing world.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Camp Fire welcomes and embraces all youth of diverse cultures, beliefs, experiences, and identities. We are committed to creating a culturally responsive, inclusive, and safe environment for all children, families and staff. Camp Fire First Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, gender, gender expression and identification, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, or any otherfication protected by law.
Employment at Camp Fire First Texas is on an at-will basis. The employee and the organization are each free to terminate the relationship at any time without cause.
Due to the volume of responses, only qualified parties will be contacted. No phone calls or follow up emails, please.