Founded in 2002 by Ali and Joe Torre, the Joe Torre Safe at Home Foundation (SAH) helps children impacted by violence and abuse by providing resources and support within schools to help children learn coping skills, build resilience, discover their voice, and find hope and healing for their futures.
The Joe Torre Safe at Home Foundation is working to end the cycle of domestic violence through its comprehensive youth programming. The Margaret's Place program is a school-based violence intervention and prevention program designed to help students, faculty, and families address violence in school, at home, and in the community. The Margaret's Place program addresses the underlying causes of violence and the impact of victimization through a variety of counseling and psycho-educational modalities including art-based interventions: an interactive trauma education/violence prevention curriculum; individual and group counseling; a peer leadership program; school staff, parent and community workshops/outreach; anti-violence campaigns, and more.
With an annual operating budget of over $5 million, SAH currently operates 18 sites in California, New York, Ohio, and two international locations in Tahiti. https://joetorre.org/
The Program Coordinator, Data and Evaluation will play a pivotal role in supporting program implementation, program quality, and program evaluation for the Margaret’s Place program by supporting the collection, quality assurance, and analysis of program data. In this role, the Coordinator will provide program support to program teams to ensure that the database is fully maximized, and that staff members are using it efficiently. This is an opportunity for someone who is very detail oriented and organized to enable SAH to comprehensively collect program data and support SAH to tell the full story of its programs’ impact on the community.
The primary responsibilities include supporting program data collection and quality assurance, as well as contributing towards program evaluation. This position will support data collection and quality assurance across Margaret’s Place programs in Los Angeles County. The ideal candidate is highly organized with strong attention to detail, team-oriented, has strong initiative, and is passionate about supporting Safe At Home’s work.
- Support data quality & integrity review processes
- Assist in developing orientation, on-boarding, and training resources
- Assist data monitoring and deliverables tracking for MP programs.
- Actively participate in and influence discussions around reporting requirements, data collection, data visualization, and data analysis
- Assist with the design of data collection protocols
- Prepare materials for, and participate in meetings as it relates to data collection and evaluation
- Support data reporting and program communications to internal and external stakeholders
- Support data and evaluation with standard operating program procedures
- Support system maintenance, and support the Manager of Data and Evaluation in the data system build out to align program data and evaluation needs with custom fields, formulas, work flows, and reports.
- Assist with the gathering, organizing/categorizing, and maintenance of data and evaluation files.
- Assist with tracking and analyzing data to identify best practices and opportunities for improvement, which will translate to distilling lessons for inclusion in grant proposals.